PDA

View Full Version : chronic urine retenion(anxiety or medical/please read)

scorpion91
10-08-16, 00:46
I've been having a chronic urine retention feeling since late May/early June of this year that I felt was connected to my Klonopin withdraw--maybe I'm still experiencing the withdraw.

The symptoms I have of this "urine retention" are as follows:
*bloating/pressure in bladder near belly button region
*Urine output changes in variation: morning typically has the most output. At times during the day, it appears weak then mild urination maybe to a high mild output.
*low libido. I haven't had sex but my erections are largely non existent unless something really turns me on.
*not sure if this is related but it "takes time" to get a urination going.
*Drinking tea appears to make the urination more.
*Drinking water appears to make the retention worse.

Now I've been in/out of hospitals due to the Klonopin withdraw had affected me physically/mentally and the "urination symptoms" plus "gastro symptoms" had been physical ailments I had complained about. My blood work was checked such as the GFR, BUN, Creatine which are renal function tests if I'm not mistaken and they came back fine. I had a CT scan done on June 20 at an ER and it came back okay. The ER doc there did refer me to a urologist but I haven't had followed up yet because the symptoms come and go.

I do take medications: Remeron 15mg, Risperdial 1mg, Ativan 1mg/3x a day. Plus Prilosec 40mg for GERD/LPR.

I'm not sure if any of those medications I listed above could affect the "urine retention" could be affected by my meds I take or the gerd/reflux that I'm currently treating. Or could I still be suffering a "benzo withdraw" and this "urine retention" is a symptom and this is after coming back to a benzo(Ativan).

I'm confused and stumped if I'm having a medical problem or a somatic problem.

I did bring this up with my psych doc last week and he said to do a follow up with my PCP/GP about this problem. But I have done lab work/urine analysis in May, June, July of this year and it appeared to give me a clean bill of health. So what the heck is causing this urine retention feeling? Is it the medication or is it the anxiety or maybe its some underlying problem that hasn't been screened properly.

I'm just afraid that I'm living with a renal problem that needs to be treated. :scared15: