PDA

View Full Version : Tender/painful lymph nodes

Shyplane
10-08-16, 01:38
Worried about cancer, most people say your lymph nodes can get like this when fighting a virus, etc. but i'm not sick and I don't feel ill at all. making me terribly anxious

saf138
10-08-16, 02:36
Where are the suspected lymph nodes?
How many?
What size are they?
And what do they feel like? (Do they move,are they soft\hard)

Shyplane
10-08-16, 05:56
On my neck around the jaw line, not really sure how many. I guess they feel relatively soft. Cant seem to notice any abormal swelling. At least I can't tell

Hopefulmi
10-08-16, 07:49
The reason you don't feel sick is probably because they fought it off before you did get bad, and that is why they are tender.

hope you feel less anxious soon x

KeeKee
10-08-16, 08:11
I may be wrong but I always thought if they were sore or tender that was a good thing. You've probably had some sort of virus.

Shyplane
10-08-16, 09:31
Well it's definitely good to hear that was a good thing. Thank you guys

saf138
10-08-16, 13:21
Hi
When I went to my doctors on 2 occasions for suspected swollen lymph nodes I was reassured they were normal I was also told that lymph nodes become worrisome or suspicious when they look like a bag of marbles or a row of marbles which actually resemble the size,shape and hardness of a marble what you have described sounds very benign and if they are sore or tender that could be due to just poking and prodding at them. The reason you are not feeling ill is because they are doing a job to keep you well.