PDA

View Full Version : Is this social anxiety??

Shain321
10-08-16, 05:51
When I have a conversation with someone I can't concentrate on what they are saying because I feel dizzy, foggy, and completely stupid. I have a hard time coming up with a response in a conversation, because my mind goes blank. Also, I get completely dizzy and lost when I'm in a store shopping. I don't ever feel flushed in public but I do feel very self conscious about how I look, walk, etc. I think these are symptoms of social anxiety... they are getting better with medication and therapy but still there.

SadieJ
11-08-16, 10:39
Hi it may well be as i have similar experiences to what you've mentioned. Especially the feeling self conscious in public, i used to be very confident but these days the thought of having to go out is a real drag. Have you discussed it with your therapist?

Shain321
11-08-16, 14:48
I have discussed it with my therapist (actually I've had two in the time this has been going on). Right now we're focusing on EMDR which reprocesses negative memories. It is helping a bit along with medication. My troubles are definitely not as intense but still there... especially if I feel even the slightest bit of stress. Thanks for your reply! I'm very sympathetic to what you're experiencing. It's such a desperate feeling :(

georgewing
15-08-16, 14:54
Well can be anxiety but also can be low self esteem .I think visiting a therapist will help yku out

J220
16-08-16, 13:08
Yes this sounds exactly like social anxiety. This is how I feel everyday (and I've had SA for as long as I can remember).

AnxiousSince1998
23-08-16, 03:22
Feeling exactly the same mate, have been writing a diary under the Prozac section, constantly on edge, and when you bring people/conversations into the mix, I'm a mess....

georgewing
31-08-16, 09:22
You must work with your mind and transformate your negative beliefs .Start everyday to think the oposite of this thoughts for example i am a good listener i am pefectly well etc .Do it constantly and never give up and after some time your old ngative beliefs will change with the new ones