PDA

View Full Version : im new to this site

merlin
22-03-07, 10:48
Hello everyone,great to have found this site. My panics started about 11 years ago after a traumatic time i think. I have tried hypnotherapy,counselling and now my gp wants to put me on prozac which i dont want. I have a family and find it very hard to take them places. Very busy places i cant go or a distance from home as i dont feel "safe". Queues in shops are also a no no. I feel very down that this is ruling my life as i used to be so confident and outgoing and i was a nurse.I have been reading on stillness meditation founded by an australian doctor and wondered if anyone has tried this. Also if anyone can offer advice. Im pleased to talk to anyone.:hugs:

manmoor
22-03-07, 10:59
Hi Merlin,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Piglet
22-03-07, 11:00
A very big welcome to you and have you tried our chatroom which gets going in the evenings for a bit of distraction?

Piglet :flowers:

merlin
22-03-07, 11:07
thanks for the replies. I will try the chatroom some night thanks:)

wobblyknees80
22-03-07, 11:08
hello. im new too. the search thingy at the top of the page seems a good way to find things on certain topics

Paddington
22-03-07, 11:23
Hi Guys:hugs: and welcome!So glad you found the forum!:D All the symptoms you describe are shared by us on here,you are not alone any more,nor will you be judged or told to pull yourself together:yesyes:The first steps page isa good place to start guys...i know it feels rotton feeling controled by fear but it can and will get better..ifyou dont want to take meds ,dont..the choice truly is yours.:flowers: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

heths
22-03-07, 11:56
Hi Merlin and welcome to the forum :)

joolee
22-03-07, 12:40
Hi Merlin this site rocks love Julie xx

nomorepanic
22-03-07, 17:05
Hi Merlin

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for some great tips and advice.

skylight2007
22-03-07, 17:08
:welcome: Hiya merlin, lovely to have you here!!!! Sky

trac67
22-03-07, 19:16
Hi,

Welcome to the forum you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx