PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness and Anxiety

Colicab85
10-08-16, 13:39
Hi All,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on something. I'm thankfully getting "over" my spell of anxiety, the physical symptoms are on their way out slowly.

However, is it usual for tiredness to follow? I would assume so that ive been at such a heightened state of anxiety and stress that when I start to calm down that I'm tired?

I'm finding myself almost completely exhausted today? Just want to sleep for days.

KeeKee
10-08-16, 13:45
Oh yes. Although my tiredness isn't directly related to the severity of my anxiety, there have been times where I've actually been so tired I was convinced I was ill. Last year I had large periods of times where my limbs were so weak it was an effort to lift my arms. Needless to say it wasn't permanent and I've learned to accept it just comes with having mental distress of one sort or another.

Colicab85
10-08-16, 13:47
Thanks.....and i assume that linked with the tiredness, it would be typical to have muscle twitching?

I'm getting a lot of twitching in my thighs and calves at the moment.

KeeKee
10-08-16, 14:03
Yes I'd imagine. I've been getting twitching quite badly in my mid back lately. Although it doesn't worry me it's very annoying.

dizzy daisy
10-08-16, 16:49
I too have issues with tiredness. Sometimes I can go a few weeks feeling generally ok and then I get hit with sudden overwhelming tiredness. It's horrible and I have a hard time accepting it's all due to my mind as I can be anxiety free and then it just hits. I probably do have issues with tension though which I suppose can lead to feeling tired. I had a whole host of bloods done which came back fine.

Fishmanpa
10-08-16, 17:24
Just to give you some insight to what stress does...

I'm not a sufferer but I do deal with what I call "scanxiety". I have to go to see my oncologists for follow ups. The first two years was every 3 months and now I'm at every 6 months out to 5 years. With the cancer I had (Head and Neck), there's a 50/50 chance it could come back the first two years and it improves to about 80/20 after that.

Those first two years were brutal! Starting a few weeks out from the appointments I would not be able to sleep and I'd get irritable as hell. That's how the "scanxiety" manifested itself. I have a chill pill I can and have taken prior and it helped. I've not taken it the last couple of times.

Anyway... I had my 3.5 year check up yesterday. Sunday and Monday I barely slept and was really irritable and withdrawn. I just wanted to be left alone. So we went and as I expected all was well. NED! Next appt. in Feb. 2017.

We got home late and I was exhausted. I went to bed and my legs and other areas were twitchy as all get out and ached too! It took a while to finally relax and fall asleep and let me tell you... I slept hard! I didn't even wake up to pee! ~lol~

So yeah, stress and anxiety plays havoc on your body and mind.

Positive thoughts

Colicab85
10-08-16, 18:03
It really does. I hate it.

Thing is too, I'm sleeping really well. Getting between 7 and 9 hrs a night.