PDA

View Full Version : this is stupid

tricia56
10-08-16, 15:01
This may silly to most of you on here but really need to ask someone as I think I'm crazy or something all because I've changed my tv for my bedroom as I've been useing a old tv ie had for years a small silver one and it broke this morning so I've brought a flat screen 32inch this morning and ever since I've set it up in my bedroom and watching it my anxiety is thro the roof because it seems so big I don't know why its making me feel so anxiouse because after all its only a tv. I don't know if its because I've been so used to watching a small tv and it just feels strange watching something bigger or its because its a change to wat I've been used to, but its really bothering me as to why i feel so anxiouse overit . I just feel so stupid letting something so trivial make me feel this way.

Noivous
10-08-16, 15:06
I put this into the category of racing thoughts. It's part of anxiety. Your new TV isn't making you anxious. Your anxiety is causing you to focus on an innocuous issue. In this case your tv.

OncewasSupergirl
10-08-16, 15:13
When anxious any change can be a little shock to the system and we imagine it as more important than it is. Just sit with it, accept it, it can't hurt you x

tricia56
10-08-16, 15:25
Thk you both so much for replying back to me and for reassuring me its just the anxiety not the tv and I'm not going crazy so thk you once again.

OncewasSupergirl
10-08-16, 17:30
It's called free floating anxiety, your anxiety causes you to feel fear in even the most normal places or experiences. My anxiety is quite high today and it's happened to me too, earlier I felt really scared of the people outside my house who were just sitting by the river. It's not nice but try to just think it's a symptom of your high anxiety. You're not going crazy, anxiety just makes you feel like it !!

MyNameIsTerry
12-08-16, 08:34
I'm the same, Tricia. It's that change & uncertainty aspect of GAD. I used to be unable to change my clothes for weeks at the worst of all this and the core issues are the same.

Presents would sit unused for years. They also felt like tasks rather than pleasures.

I'm still battling this issue to be honest but it's much better.

Give yourself some time. The more you get used to using it, the more this will fade away.