PDA

View Full Version : POCD or just P?

Azula
10-08-16, 17:02
For the last few days I have been having intrusive sexual thoughts about children and my six year old brother and it has been killing me. I should mention that I am 14 years old and a girl and before that had been having intrusive sexual thoughts about family members for a month.
I hate the thoughts and just want them to end. Whenever i have them I feel really anxious and disgusting like a monster. I don't want to go into detail unless asked but usually they happen around children. They also come when I am by myself very often. Yesterday it was so bad that I insisted on isolating myself in my bed for the entire day, because I was that anxious. I want to be locked up in a mental hospital just to keep everyone safe and to stop feeling anxious and I plan on telling my psychiatrist that today.
My compulsions are weird. So in order to assess whether or not I am sexually attracted to children I will imagine them naked and doing sexual things to see if it arouses me or if I find it pleasing but I don't. I always just see children doing weird things and I don't see sexual objects but whenever i use my negative responses to reassure myself that I'm not a pedophile my brain tells me that maybe I secretly enjoyed it which makes no sense because I know that I didn't. To really test myself I'll also imagine myself kissing children to see if I indulge in the thought but I never do.
I hate this I want to kill myself but I can't because my family depends on me. The thoughts always make me anxious and even though I think of children to test myself I always avoid them nowadays. Even now I doubt the fact that I'm not sexually attracted to children I hate this I hate this I hate this so much but I always questions myself **** am I actually faking this or am I legit? Please help me.
BTW I have been attracted to teenagers my age and a few adults before this whole fiasco but I'm still scared because I heard that pedophiles discover they are attracted to children around this age. I have never experienced this before the onset of my ocd symptoms but now I'm scared.
I know the thoughts are wrong I know this please help me. I'm always scared that maybe i secretly enjoyed them but idk please help me. I know that I don't but my brain tells me otherwise.

BrokenAge
10-08-16, 17:41
I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with POCD but anyone here can easily tell and reassure you that you're not a pedophile. It's hard dealing with OCD as a teenager. My best advice is to not give into those compulsions. It's only going to feed the obsessions. Don't isolate yourself as well. Get out and about, spend time with family and friends. It'll help you stop obsessing and clear your mind. You just have to keep fighting through it. I wish you the best!

thomas1998
27-08-16, 17:29
This is quite a common thing for POCD sufferers, be assured that there is nothing wrong with you, it's not your fault that your brain throws these things at you. Just soldier on through :)