PDA

View Full Version : Still trying hard af to get over this :( one thing left incomplete evac

Lockey1995
10-08-16, 21:08
Yes I'm terribly suffering :( can ibs cause like a feeling of incomplete evac? It won't go it feels like something's up there :( and won't go ive been 5 or 6 times yesterday ! Not normal for me I was really stressed when I got in work though went 3 times there none of them were loose it was normal but God i still feel incomplete! I don't strain but did for 2 or 3 seconds just to see if it would shift but not :(

And have a bit of pressure i think it may be tenesmus a massive bowel cancer symptom ! And that's why I'm freaking out! It's not like I need to go go now urge! It's just pressure maybe my anxiety is making me go when I don't need to.

Idk I think i may have had this before but can't remember having it this long :(

But then yesterday I went once but still had a little bit of pressure so is mine tenesmus or what?

It's not a voilent urge like a gotta go now urge just pressure

But the incomplete feeling is scaring me shitless literally

Things I'm gonna try but i doubt it will work, sort my sleep pattern out, eat my meals on time, cut out my morning coffee

Might look for another job.

Also because i get up later 12 in the afternoon I'm missing a meal i think i have breakfast at like 10 past 12, lunch at around 4-5 and then dinner sometimes 8-9.

Just weird how it changes first bit normal size etc then today a bit thinner than the normal sausage shaped and a bit softer still felt incomplete. a bit did break off later on so I'm guessing it is still stool up there. Before I went to have a shower I did have a little urge and I think cleared it a bit more bigger bits again and felt a little more empty.

Then friday evening normal sunday afternoon 3 little rabbit pellet bits

It's so weird how it's up and down if it was something serious It would always be the same though? it's a mixture in the same day makes me think da fuq.

Still got the bloody pressure though there now but i don't think it counts as going more or trying to as it's not an actual urge. It's probably just my ocd that keeps sending me back with slight pressure but it still scares me :(.

I'm guessing when they going more I'm guessing they mean having a proper urge.

In the morning aswell I might have to wait for a proper urge aswell I've just been having my morning coffee and going like 15 mins later with the bit of pressure.

Things ive had after year 7 at school, basically my ha started after a mate got appendicitis in school after that I started getting cramps I thought every ache was appendicitis I still do now.

Things Ive had

Bad cramps

Bits of constipation sometimes with softer

Passing mucus

Pretty sure I've had incomplete evac

And I'm pretty sure I may have has this pressure but not 100 percent.

Can ibs cause this pressure?

Also on the night time when I'm in bed they start to go and I never really wake up in the night at all.

But god considering i felt slightly empty before my shower 3 hours ago and it feels built up again now I'm worried again. I've stopped going or trying to with the pressure now.

I need to get on a routine i think and stick at it.

I'm at witts end :(

Fishmanpa
10-08-16, 21:50
Lockey,

Here's the reality. FACT: Unless you take a colonoscopy prep every day, you'll NEVER EVER EVER have a complete evacuation. There will always be a bit or two of poo left in your bowels for another day and your body will be continually process food that ends up there anyway!

It's not sinister or anything else. You have two forums of people telling you the same thing.

There are no what ifs, ands, buts or anything else. You have anxiety disorder and OCD about your poo.... Nothing else.

You're getting help with your real illness and that's fantastic. Keep working on that.

Positive thoughts

Lockey1995
11-08-16, 00:04
ok I'll trust your opinion what about the pressure though :(

debs71
11-08-16, 00:10
This sounds like IBS, just as I said yesterday, Lockey.

NOTHING you mention sounds serious, at least not to me.

The list of symptoms you describe, I can go down that list saying 'Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep me too' to all of them. I have had IBS on and off for 15 years or so.

Pressure feeling - classic IBS
Shooting pains/pain up bottom - classic IBS
Incomplete evacuation or the feeling of an incomplete evac - classic IBS

I also have pain that shoots up my bottom when I sit down from standing during my flare ups.

This is the wonderful IBS for you.

You are placing far, far too much emphasis on what your bowels are doing. You need to stop looking in the toilet bowl at what consistency your poos are. Actions such as those and constantly monitoring yourself will exacerbate your symptoms further. You didn't actually acknowledge on your post yesterday just how much your anxiety at least MAY be contributing to you bowel issues here. I personally beleive they are, speaking as someone whose own IBS always accompanies heightened anxiety.

The last thing you want to do is waste your life and make it miserable with all of this. Try if you can to take your mind away from your bowels by keeping active, busy, do things you enjoy, etc. All of these actions will help, trust me. x

Lockey1995
11-08-16, 00:57
Yeah i guess, thank you :) just want it to go now lol

NancyW
11-08-16, 03:19
Lockey, when my anxiety is riled up, my entire digestive system from my mouth to my butt is in disarray.

Something my dr recommended was eating more grain fiber. I started making bran muffins using the recipe on the Kelloggs All Bran cereal box.

Within a couple days, the bran regulated me, not too hard, not too soft, and once out... I felt empty.

Just a thought for you since the bran cereal made such a difference for me.

Worth a try ?

InfiniteJ
11-08-16, 03:21
Try looking up a product called "Squatty Potty"; I've heard that thing can do wonders.

Lockey1995
11-08-16, 15:47
I use a waste bin aha found it better for me rather than normal position havent been this morning yet waiting for a bigger urge yesterday I would've gone now with just the bit of pressure which I shouldn't do.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

This sounds like IBS, just as I said yesterday, Lockey.

NOTHING you mention sounds serious, at least not to me.

The list of symptoms you describe, I can go down that list saying 'Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep me too' to all of them. I have had IBS on and off for 15 years or so.

Pressure feeling - classic IBS
Shooting pains/pain up bottom - classic IBS
Incomplete evacuation or the feeling of an incomplete evac - classic IBS

I also have pain that shoots up my bottom when I sit down from standing during my flare ups.

This is the wonderful IBS for you.

You are placing far, far too much emphasis on what your bowels are doing. You need to stop looking in the toilet bowl at what consistency your poos are. Actions such as those and constantly monitoring yourself will exacerbate your symptoms further. You didn't actually acknowledge on your post yesterday just how much your anxiety at least MAY be contributing to you bowel issues here. I personally beleive they are, speaking as someone whose own IBS always accompanies heightened anxiety.

The last thing you want to do is waste your life and make it miserable with all of this. Try if you can to take your mind away from your bowels by keeping active, busy, do things you enjoy, etc. All of these actions will help, trust me. x

So going more often means actually having a big urge? I'm trying to take my mind of this bit of pressure it's just an annoyance

Fishmanpa
11-08-16, 15:59
When's your next CBT appointment? Tell us a little bit about your appointments... What have you learned thus far?

Positive thoughts

Lockey1995
11-08-16, 16:09
So because there is still some left and I'm drinking water lots of it I guess it's probably cleaning me out. as there is still some left in the rectum?

debs71
11-08-16, 16:09
So going more often means actually having a big urge? I'm trying to take my mind of this bit of pressure it's just an annoyance

Lockey. with respect, I think you are reading far too much into what I am saying with my response.

There is not much point in getting into the whole 'So this happens with IBS and then that mean that happens' or ' so going more means....etc etc'

All I was trying to illustrate to you is that your symptoms mirror mine, and mine is diagnosed IBS. End of story.

IBS has definite symptoms, but it also VARIES amongst sufferers, and it also can totally CHANGE in one sufferer, for no known reason.

It is what they call a functional disorder - the bowels don't behave the way they normally should, which in turn causes all of the cramping, pain, pressure. shooting pains up the bottom, frequency, constipation/diarrhoea, big poo, small poo, flaky poo, hard poo, flat poo....and the list goes on.

It DOES NOT MEAN something serious is wrong, and any webpage about IBS will tell you that.

The issue here is your anxiety. Your anxiety is causing your bowel issues, and it won't end until you really try to get on top of the direct cause, that being stress/anxiety.

If you are having CBT, then that is a step in the right direction....I would continue down that path but really try to concentrate on something more productive than your poo patterns.

Lockey1995
11-08-16, 16:11
So far learnt some breathing exercises next one is going to be more indepth in september :)

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

I think eating meals at different times aswell is not ideal

KatiePink
11-08-16, 16:15
Lockey you've really latched on to this bowel thing and took it wayyyyyy too far!
I remember replying to your threads a while ago. I've gave lots of advice and told you i've had the pretty much exact same problems, you do seem to be just posting symptom after symptom after symptom recklessly without really listening or addressing anxiety in your posts.

You are NOT in danger right now in this very moment so take a break from all of this and do something beneficial for yourself please this has become an obsession you need to try and take charge now :whiplash:

Lockey1995
11-08-16, 18:10
I am stuck on it :( it just won't go atm that's why I'm concerned

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Struggling because i used to go once that was it now it's just weird I'm going sort of more often but i think it's because there is still something left and I'm drinking allot of water.

debs71
11-08-16, 22:36
Lockey, this will be my final post here as I can't really add anything more than what I have tried to reassure you with, but IBS will change whenever it suits. You may have a poo once a week, or every single day. Most people with IBS have either constipation or diarrhoea, but some have a mix, me included.

You just need to stop analysing every bowel movement, otherwise this cycle will just carry on for you I fear.

I hope your anxiety settles.

MyNameIsTerry
11-08-16, 22:51
big poo, small poo, flaky poo, hard poo, flat poo....and the list goes on.

Sounds like the makings of a rap song. IBS could even be the name of the rapper. :D

It always reminds me of IDS...both are full of a foul wind and mean far too much crap. :D

Drisque
11-08-16, 23:08
I have had all of these symptoms you're experiencing plus a few others. I too have HA and OCD, mainly poo related. I have been worrying about colon cancer unrelentingly for the past six months, despite many appointments with four different doctors. All of which revealed nothing. Take a deep breath and try to relax.

Lockey1995
12-08-16, 00:33
ahh ok thank you :), I'll try my hardest

Lockey1995
13-08-16, 22:50
So today it's been different again really only been once little bits constipated more than likely but i guess it is anxiety

Fishmanpa
13-08-16, 23:13
So today it's been different again really only been once little bits constipated more than likely but i guess it is anxiety

Exactly. Just a suggestion... perhaps it would help to write down your thoughts in a journal for yourself and your CBT therapist to review. Constantly posting about every little aspect of your bowel movements is obviously not good for your anxiety and frankly, I can't think of anything that anyone could say that would reassure you at this point :shrug:

Positive thoughts and poo threads

Lockey1995
16-08-16, 01:01
I'd say i feel better :), Just seems to be a bit constipation now no urge, going once a day getting back to normal.