PDA

View Full Version : Another fear

heths
22-03-07, 12:06
I've been scared of death for a while but I would't say it's been that bad. Not as bad as my other fears.

But recently due to two unexpected deaths in my family, the fear has got worse.

5 month ago my uncle's girlfriend died of a brain haemorage and it was so sudden and a shock to the family. Then last Monday one of my cousins was killed in a car accident. It was upsetting and a shock to us all.

Even since I've been thinking about death alot and I keep thinking how you can be here one minute and gone the next. It's scaring me.

Does anyone have any advice they could give me on how to stop been scared of this?

Heather

Piglet
22-03-07, 12:19
You see in our culture we have the view that death is an ending, whereas in many other cultures they view it as a new beginning.

I am beginning to see my spirit/soul as on a journey through eternity and each time I am born I am rehoused so to speak in a new body. I also think that I will meet again the souls that I have loved before - so while I might miss them in this lifetime we will get be together again and again and again.

Love Piglet :flowers:

skylight2007
22-03-07, 14:04
You see in our culture we have the view that death is an ending, whereas in many other cultures they view it as a new beginning.

I am beginning to see my spirit/soul as on a journey through eternity and each time I am born I am rehoused so to speak in a new body. I also think that I will meet again the souls that I have loved before - so while I might miss them in this lifetime we will get be together again and again and again.

Love Piglet :flowers:

Ahhh beautifully put Piglet!!!!!!!!!!!! and very profound!!!!!!:winks: heather hon, death can feel scary but to add the what Piglet said, I hope this poem will comfort you.

A celebration of life!!!

Whenever our hearts are touched with the passing away of a loved one, we may find it differcult
to come to terms with our grief and loss.

During these times of our inner healing, some of us may experience feelings of deep remorse and regret
and may silently contemplate on things we could have done, or wished we have said. Other times we may sense
a feeling of anger where we feel our loved ones have left us all alone to continue our life without them.

In whatever way we experience our sense of loss, there is a part of us where we feel, we have so much we need
to say and share with them and we may feel our chance has been taken away.

During these times of emptiness, Our aching hearts may be yearning and wanting, as we realise just how much
more we truly loved them and needed them, and our only wish and longing is to have one precious moment,
where we can embrace them, feel the love of their warmth for just one last time and to tell them just how
important they have enriched and enlightened our lives.

As time passes by, we may doubt our hearts will never heal, but to honour our hearts and our loved ones
is to celebrate the meaning of their life with ours, for both of our life’s has a divine purpose.

We can continue to bless their divine presence in the depths of our being, thanking them for all the
wisdom they have taught us in their precious life, and we can raise our hearts with a glowing smile in
rejoicing that their spiritual soul is growing in love and understanding, transferring their healing love to us, whom
they have never forgotten, and as they continue to evolve, they become our divine heavenly guardians, blessing
the same growth for us, by encouraging us to always remember.......................................... .......................

That just as our Holy Divine Father exists, and his life is truly eternal, so too are our loved ones, and..............
just as we believe that our Lord is here, continuously loving us and guiding us, so too are our loved ones present!!!

love sky:flowers:

sammie
22-03-07, 20:20
hi heather,

i totally understand what your going through. i lost 5 familly members in the space of a month last year. one was my 21yr old nephew that really shook me up it was so sudden and unexpected . it has taken me six months and lots of counselling to come to terms with what happened . all i can say is the old cliche time is a great healer is true . take care

heths
24-03-07, 14:18
Thank you, all your replies have been helpful.

It's good to see a different way of looking at things. And it will be natural for me to think the way I am under the circumstances, thanks for that also. Plenty of times I've had thoughts or feelings and not given it thought that it was only natural to feel that way.

Sammie I'm sorry to hear you lost 5 family members and in such a short space of time.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Take Care,
Heather