PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine Overdose?

LiamRoseic
11-08-16, 08:03
So I smoke about two packs a day but today I was really stressed and had a lot of anxiety... I smoked about two packs in two hours an then had a full cigar that I actually inhaled as if it was an actual cigarette. Now I feel weird, my muscles hurt, and I have a headache.

Is it possible I'm having an overdose or am I just imagining the symptoms? My heart rate is 90 and my BP is a little higher than normal but not high.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

I would really appreciate a response to this.

---------- Post added 11-08-16 at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was 10-08-16 at 23:43 ----------

I am alone and want to go to bed... But I need to know if it's possible to overdose with what I smoked...

Beckybecks
11-08-16, 10:07
I'm a smoker too and I think I'd feel pretty awful if I smoked that amount in such a short time.
Last year I tried to give up and switched to an eCig. Because it doesn't burn down you can just smoke it forever and that's what I did. I felt really awful and figured out that I'd overdosed on nicotine.
Go to sleep, I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning.

Kuatir
11-08-16, 10:27
Don't smoke anymore and try to get some sleep. The nicotine stimulates your body and that is why you have a headache and musclular pain, especially as your anxiety already has your body in a heightened sense of stimulation.

You can overdose on nicotine, but I think you are alluding to taking a lethal overdose and that is rare and you'd be much worse than you describe.

heyitsmeyou
11-08-16, 11:14
Lethal nicotine overdose by conventional tobacco such as cigarettes and cigars would be almost impossible. You will feel quite sick for sure, but nothing serious. Try to cut back or quit though, that is a lot of smoking.

Fishmanpa
11-08-16, 12:30
You're saying you sat there and smoked two packs in two hours? That's one every three minutes!! You literally would have to chain smoke one after the other non-stop! I don't know how that even possible! And then throw a stogie in? :ohmy:

Surely you're going to feel ill but OD? no. As a cancer survivor, I'm more concerned with the long term harm you're doing to yourself. What you did is almost akin to wanting to self harm.

I hope you feel better soon and find a way to deal with your nicotine addiction.

Positive thoughts

dale12345
12-08-16, 00:10
After I quit and got over the withdraw it hasn't been that bad. Not going to lecture you but it helps so much to stop.

LiamRoseic
12-08-16, 02:44
So my blood pressure got to 122 over 106 last night! I got three readings that high but it eventually went down. I normally have lower blood pressure, 105 over 74 is my normal. It's still higher than usual today but not by much.