PDA

View Full Version : Testicles

Miss.Katyy1990
11-08-16, 17:05
Hi i dont know if anyone can help

On tuesday my partner had very severe testicle pain, he went to the GP and they found a small cyst who said it was nothing to worry about and perscribed antibiotics for an infection of the tubes?

Theyve also sent him for an ultrasound scan does anyone know why? Im abit concerned as there was nothing to worry about?
The pain is still there and now hes paranoid it could be "testicle torsion" although im almost certain that happens quite quickly we have gone over 48 hours now....

Any thoughts or advice would be very helpful

Gary A
11-08-16, 17:10
It may just be to check that the infection hasn't caused any other damage, but to be honest, only the GP would be able to tell you their reasons for ordering an ultrasound.

If you're really concerned you could get your husband to ring the surgery and ask to speak to the doctor.

Hopefulmi
11-08-16, 22:33
My hubby also has a small cyst, had ultrasound but nothing to worry about. Sure it's the same for your hubby xx

MyNameIsTerry
11-08-16, 22:41
A GP should easily spot torsion and it's something that needs emergency treatment so it won't be that.

saf138
11-08-16, 22:52
No need to stress over anything the gp knows exactly what they are looking for I had a cyst on the tubes and I was reassured it was nothing sinister at all however I still went for a ultrasound just for a piece of mind which confirmed a 3mm cyst. Now my gp had told me that any lump in the testicles are treated as sinister when the lump is firmly fixed on a testicle (the actual ball not floating in the bag) and it feel very hard and has the texture of a stone (very gritty and rough) he'll be fine no need to stress.

Colicab85
11-08-16, 22:57
I had a check up on a lump I recently found on one of my balls. I 100% echo what the above poster says. The doctor told me that a cancer down there is very hard, defined and rough.

A cyst is smooth and can move around.

The doctor said I have a cyst and if it changes at all then I should have an ultrasound. But there is nothing to worry about in his opinion and I'm really proud of myself for believing him.

3 months ago there would be no chance in hell id believe that.

Shazamataz
12-08-16, 01:38
I have nothing to add, sorry, but couldn't help opening a thread titled 'testicles'!

I hope all is ok for your partner.

Noivous
12-08-16, 01:43
I have nothing to add, sorry, but couldn't help opening a thread titled 'testicles'!

I hope all is ok for your partner.

Too bad your dog doesn't have any to offer:D

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Sometimes nuts hurt. It is nothing. Sounds like the doc is just doing his due diligence.

N.

dale12345
12-08-16, 01:57
I think it will be ok.

Miss.Katyy1990
14-08-16, 10:49
thanks for all the replies made me feel alot better

he went for his scan yesterday, the guy who done it said he had a couple of cysts but no infection of the epididymitis which I thought was abit odd as the doctor gave him antibiotics for this

he also stated he may of had a "semi torsion" where it twisted slightly but I'm pretty sure if this was the case they wouldn't of let him go home they would of done something surely?

I'm also assuming there wasn't anything sinister on the scan (tumours etc) as he would of said no?

he's still getting some pain in the right testicle and pain around his lower tummy but it's only slight. I am stumped! I've looked up everything and found nothing haha

I'm guessing the doctor will let him know shortly

I just find it so infuriating when one medical professional says one thing (the infection) and another says the bloody opposite!

could it perhaps be possible he did infact have a slight infection but 3/4 days of antibiotics have cleared it up so it wasn't visible on a scan?