PDA

View Full Version : Music!

minny
09-10-04, 14:20
Hi everyone!

Who here often plays music to suit their mood? I know I do and I'd be interested to hear who else plays what and why!

When Im in a grotty grumpy frame of mind I tend to play moody rock... Nickleback, Guns and Roses etc! When Im sad I tend to play all my soppy stuff.. Al Green, Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes.. ect! When Im happy I tend to play pop music! Something to bop along too! :)

Also, what is everyone elses favourite song and why? Mine is "Songbird by Eva Cassidy!" I played this for my husband at out wedding! Awww!

Do any couples in here have an "our tune" ?? What is it and why??

Mine and Johns (my hubby) is "The you and me song" by The Wannadies! He sang it to me on our second date and then had it played at our wedding!

Come on everyone! Spill the beans! :)

Love Minny... xxx

tara
09-10-04, 14:29
Hi, I'm pritty easy going when it comes to music although some of my faves are sterophonics, oasis, cold play, keane, beatles, oh i love the beatles i just love to dance to it my boyfriend can't look at me when i start dancing lol and ..............Kylie lol. But no and i say NO more dance music, had too much of that stuff lol. Come to think of it I haven't played music for a while, maybe i'll change that tara xxx

tracyp584
09-10-04, 14:32
Well,...

I love such varied stuff, but when i'ma bit low and wanna chill, i chuck on some Norah Jones, and when i am moody i love something 'poppy' that i can sing loud to!!

As for 'our'song that is 'still the one' Shania twain!!

tracy x x

minny
09-10-04, 14:37
KYLIE????? OMG Tara! Lolol! :D

Mind you... I have to confess to bopping along to "cant get you outa my head!"

Minny! :)

tara
09-10-04, 14:58
Behave you LOL...............when i'm feeling sexy theres nothing like dacing aroiund to kylie LOL Tara

Rennie1989
09-10-04, 15:00
lol tara :D

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

minny
09-10-04, 15:02
Tara....

U go girl....!! [8D]

Love Minny..xx

Lolol!!!

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 16:04
I like all kinds of music - anything from Bee Gees and Cliff Richard to Sisters of Mercy and Rush.

I like songs more than a particular group so I may like one song from a band and hate the rest.

Mine and Alex's song is called "Classic" by Adrian Gurvitz - bet most of you have never heard of it!

Nicola

minny
09-10-04, 18:30
Hi Nic!

"Gonna write a classic!.... Gonna write it in the attic..! "

I have that song! Its gorgeous! :)

Love Minny! xx

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 19:11
Minny

I can't believe you know that song lol.

Thought no-one would have heard of it!! Glad you like it too.

Nicola

g7jgq
09-10-04, 21:44
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Nic!

"Gonna write a classic!.... Gonna write it in the attic..! "

I have that song! Its gorgeous! :)

Love Minny! xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by minny - 09 October 2004 : 18:30:15</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Blimey and I thought Nic and I were the only people that have ever heard it :D

Alex

minny
09-10-04, 21:46
To Nic and Alex..

Its called Classic coz it is a "classic"!!

You both have good taste! :)

Ok everyone else!! Get your fave tunes and the reasons why they are your faves down here!

Love Minny...xxxx

g7jgq
09-10-04, 21:52
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">To Nic and Alex..

Its called Classic coz it is a "classic"!!

You both have good taste! :)

Ok everyone else!! Get your fave tunes and the reasons why they are your faves down here!

Love Minny...xxxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by minny - 09 October 2004 : 21:46:52</div id="right">

I have no taste at all ;);) My Fav bands are

Pink Floyd
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers

!!!!

Alex
xxxxx

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 21:59
We both love Floyd and Alex has converted me to RHCP!

But he has to admit to dancing to Bee Gees too!! - I forced him!

Nicola

Karen
09-10-04, 22:09
My favourite singer is Barry Manilow. It is too difficult to pick one favourite song though, I like so many! I like the emotion in his music.

minny
09-10-04, 22:26
Ooooh Barry Manilow!!
" At the Copa.. Copa cabana.... La la la laaa..."

Or what about Mandy??

The Bee Gee's take some beating too! Who hasnt strut their stuff and danced around their handbag to "jive talkin!"

Im going through my old cd's as I type..... Ah nostalgia! :D

Love Minny..xxx

nomorepanic
10-10-04, 13:36
I love Mandy!

Did anyone watch Barry's show on TV last weekend? I bet we all knew so many of his songs!

Nicola

Karen
10-10-04, 14:38
Hi Nicola

I watched and taped the show. I went to the concert at Blenheim in July where they showed interviews with fans in the BBC1 show.

I love all the big ballads particularly Weekend in New England and I Made It Through The Rain, as well as a lot of the lesser known songs.

I also really love Forever And A Day, which he wrote to his fans as a thank you for the support and loyalty, and which he sang at the end of the BBC1 show.

Briary

minny
10-10-04, 14:50
Hey Briary maybe you could help me out here!

There was a song Barry Manilow sang and I love it but I cant remember what its called. I think it might be "words" but Im not sure.

One line goes something along the lines of... " dum dum the words to write this song for you!! (Please excuse my out of tune singing !) [:P]

Have you any idea which song Im talking about?? I'd be ever so grateful if you did!

stevie boy
10-10-04, 16:43
hi minny i love music im well in to the band u2 but i love a song that sends a cold feeling down your back im in to everything love music plus when i go out of a walk i allways have my mp3 player with me so music can help a lot 2 sorry il stop going on now but yeah i love music 2 take care from steve xxxx

stevie boy

tara
10-10-04, 16:45
U2's beautiful day sends shivers down my spine, i love that one !!! Tara

stevie boy
10-10-04, 16:49
oh no all i want is you god that is the best love song ever by u2 oh and with or without you god think il put my u2 cd on now lol

stevie boy

tara
10-10-04, 16:56
To be honest I hear it all the time when the premership comes on lol
football ahhhhhhhhhh

minny
10-10-04, 16:56
Hi again!

I have the live version of Bad by U2 and yes it makes me tingle! I love the group and most of what theyve done!

I love music full stop and I have a bit of everything from classical to heavy rock! Music is therapy! :)

Love Minny...xx

stevie boy
10-10-04, 17:13
yeah bad love that song 2 if you twist and turn away if you tear yourself in 2 again if i could yes i would let it go surrender if i could throw this lifeless to the wind leave this hart of cly see you walk walk away in to the night

stevie boy

Karen
10-10-04, 18:02
Hi Minny

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hey Briary maybe you could help me out here!

There was a song Barry Manilow sang and I love it but I cant remember what its called. I think it might be "words" but Im not sure.

One line goes something along the lines of... " dum dum the words to write this song for you!! (Please excuse my out of tune singing !) [:P]

Have you any idea which song Im talking about?? I'd be ever so grateful if you did!

<div align="right">Originally posted by minny - 10 October 2004 : 14:50:50</div id="right">

I'm not sure which song you are referring to. He hasn't recorded a song called 'Words' that I have heard of. It could be 'I Write The Songs' which has similar lines to the one you mentioned, or 'The One's For You'.

If you can remember any other lines from the song I'll have another think for you.

Briary

fluffyfred
10-10-04, 18:35
I listen to many different types of music, I tend to listen to Linkin Park when I'm in an angry mood but apart from that, I don't notice if I play certain music for certain moods.

Today though I was trying to soothe myself and Michael (Son) and was playing Chillout Moods, he hasn't had a tantrum all day and I'm pretty well chilled instead of my usual stressed-and-ready-to-pull-my-hair-out mood!

minny
10-10-04, 19:35
Thanks Briary! :D

Its "I write the songs"!

Youre a star!

Love Minny....xxx

Isnt it funny how songs can stir up memories? I heard Vienna by Ultravox the other day and it reminded me of dancing at the school disco with a guy who Id fancied for ages! Just as hes whispering how nice I looked that evening he moved his face closer to mine...... then he licked my face!!!! Ugh!! I cant listen to Vienna without laughing now! :D

Laurie28
11-10-04, 12:05
Hiya guys,

I listen to lots of music too. Like you Nic I can love a song by an artist but really don't like the rest of the album.

Last night i listened to Gabrielle - Rise (I like all the songs) and Blue (love sorry being the hardest word - and I know Elton sung it all originally!!)

When i was about 16 i LOVED D-REAM and went to see thme in concert (first ever concert) I especailly liked 'Things can Only get Better' . That song stil brings a smile to my face as i remember being out with my friends and singing it at the tops of our voices!!!

I like Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Sterophonics and DR Hook brings back memories when I used to bunk off school, go to my friends house and play her dads' records !!

Oh I could go on forever here!!

Also love Enimem - never liked Rap until he came on the scene

Love
Lucky

tara
11-10-04, 13:35
Hi lucky, I know it's sad but i like blue too lol There were 3 tracks i just got to keep replaying, also I saw d-ream live at a rave at big love 93, they were great !!!! tara

Laurie28
11-10-04, 16:28
Oh I forgot to mention Maroon 5!!!!!

Tara,

I went and seen Blue a couple of years ago and they were great (but must admit to feeling old and i was only about 23!!!)

D-Ream wasn't he lovely (or he was to my 14 year old eyes!!!)

Lucky

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 18:53
I have all of Blue's CD's and 2 DVD's [:O][:I]

I don't mind admitting it on here :D

I have to admit to liking Robbie too - though I think he is a bit too arrogant. Just pre-ordered his greatest hits cd out this week.

Sad aren't I?[Yeah!]

Nicola

minny
11-10-04, 19:05
Lol nic!!

Ok, I admit to ordering the new McFly dvd on the pretence that its for Mollie my 8 yr old! [:I]

AND.... Ive just been caught playing my Andy Williams CD! Im not supposed to be old enough to even know who he is according to my kids!!! Who remembers "Solitaire" ???

Karen
11-10-04, 19:25
I also like Blue and have a couple of their CDs.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 19:42
I love Neil Sedaka too - "oh Carol" and "Happy birthday sweet 16"

Used to dance around the room to that - I have it on a record - remember them lol!! The good old vinyl with scratches for effect!

We have good taste Briary!

Nicola

Karen
11-10-04, 19:53
I also love ABBA - especially The Winner Takes It All.

Another CD I love is the Grease soundtrack, particularly Hopelessly Devoted To You. I remember when the film was released at the cinema but I wasn't old enough to go and see it.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 20:13
Oh Grease - what a fab film

I was 12 I think and we queued all day to see it at the pics. They had to call the police in cos there was a riot at the cinema with people pushing in. My big sis saved me a place cos I was small and got pushed to the back of the queue. We went back the following weekend to do it all again!!

I still watch it everytime it comes on TV.

Bet we all know all the words to "Summer nights"!!!

Nicola

minny
11-10-04, 22:09
Oooooh!
"Summer lovin. happened so fast..
Summer lovin.. had me ablast...!
I met a girl.. crazy for me..
Met a boy... cute as could be...

ooooh.. Summer nights.....

Ah memories.....!

Love Minny...xx

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 22:42
Lol Minny

Aint nostalgia a good feeling?

Nicola

Laurie28
12-10-04, 11:04
oop paa pa oop pa pa oop pa pa eh!!!

Ahhh!!

Can't beat the dirty dancing sound track though!!!

Love
Lucky