PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, can feel another lump

UserName20
11-08-16, 23:56
This is going to sound very strange. Sometimes on my thigh, especially my right one I get these bumps that are sometimes painful, then I'll get these things I can feel under the skin-They feel like lumps and aren't always painful, sometimes at first they are and then they just become hard and stay there for a few days/week. I'm constantly poking that area, one part of my skin has been feeling really irritated the last couple days ago and great, there's another one I can feel! It's hard like the rest were. A couple of weeks ago I had one, that eventually went away AFTER I stopped constantly poking it, when I mess with them it makes it a lot worse. I've been getting these for about a year and every single time I convince myself it's cancer! They always go away though. Would cancer lumps keep going away like this? Bleh, I don't know what to think. I'm terrified :wacko:

Gary A
12-08-16, 00:14
Cancerous tumours do not go away. They come, they stay and they grow. People need to receive horrific doses of radiation or chemotherapy just to shrink a tumour, so it's not remotely possible that these lumps are cancerous.

See your doctor if you're worried, but I can assure you, these are not cancerous.

Mercime
12-08-16, 00:39
Summed up perfectly. They never go away, or get smaller. You really don't have cancer x

saf138
12-08-16, 01:54
I'm assuming the lumps are in the inner thigh/groin area rather than the outer thigh if so it sounds like normal lymph nodes to me which swell and become tender from all the prodding and poking. The lymph nodes in that area can range from mere millimeters to a couple of centimeters and be perfectly normal.

UserName20
12-08-16, 03:32
Thank you guys very much, I'm feeling a lot calmer about this now. And yes, it's my inner thigh that this has been happening with. Logically i know that this probably isn't cancer considering how many times this has happened, no matter how much it happens my mind just goes to this is it this time!

I'm going to try my best to stop poking at it, leaving them alone always seems to help. I remember last year I was at a party and I had felt one then too. I literally stayed by myself the entire time running to the bathroom every 10 minutes to poke at it, sometimes I literally feel like I can't stop messing with it.

Also, this is kind of off topic but does anyone know of a good book on HA? I really want to learn more about it, I've been dealing with it for over a year and it's been pretty much tormenting me every single day with some new disease.

Thank you guys again for your responses! They really helped a lot! :)