PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned?

helenhoo
12-08-16, 15:05
I had a heart to heart with my boyfriend and he's said when I've smelt stuff so as he and the other day I heard a woman laugh just before I fell go sleep and he said he did too. I obviously worried because hearing voices is another brain tumour symptom. I worry he's saying these things to me so I don't worry. I worry I actually have a brain tumour & I can't shake the worry. It's horrid. I'm currently on holiday and I'm just worrying the whole time. He wouldn't lie to me surely? As said before there's 'usually' a source for the smells I've had. I worry they are sensory seizures.

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Any neuro exams I can do on myself?

Fishmanpa
12-08-16, 15:06
What date are you leaving for S Korea? Did you speak with your boyfriend about those fears?

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
12-08-16, 15:17
Hallucinations when falling asleep are common in anyone. Hallucinations are a known sleep phenomena in the Hypnagogia & Hypnopompia sleep stages.

helenhoo
12-08-16, 15:30
Are these sensory seizures?

Gary A
12-08-16, 15:32
I had a heart to heart with my boyfriend and he's said when I've smelt stuff so as he and the other day I heard a woman laugh just before I fell go sleep and he said he did too. I obviously worried because hearing voices is another brain tumour symptom. I worry he's saying these things to me so I don't worry. I worry I actually have a brain tumour & I can't shake the worry. It's horrid. I'm currently on holiday and I'm just worrying the whole time. He wouldn't lie to me surely? As said before there's 'usually' a source for the smells I've had. I worry they are sensory seizures.

You can't do any "neuro exams" on yourself because these exams must be performed and assessed by a doctor. Why you've gone this long without seeing a doctor I simply cannot fathom. And before you say "why GARY do you think I have a tumour", no, not because of that, but because you are simply devoid of the ability to take in simple information that many members here have given you.

Nothing we say is helping. Why can't you see that?

Fishmanpa
12-08-16, 15:35
The question is: Should I be concerned?

IMO, Yes, you should be concerned but not about anything physical. This is about your fears of a major life change and failing. All the things you're posting about are your way of self sabotaging yourself and putting obstacles in the way of this major life change.

Have you spoken to your boyfriend about your fears of the move?

Positive thoughts

Gary A
12-08-16, 15:36
Are these sensory seizures?

See. ^

Two replies to your post, one with a pertinent question and another with a perfectly reasonable explanation of what is happening here, and you just breeze past them both and ask another question about your symptoms.

At a certain point you're just being an ignoramus.

helenhoo
12-08-16, 16:15
I had replied! Honest. I'm on poor 3G

I said yes I had spoken with him and that I believed these issues were because I'm scared. I do want to go s.korea I'm scared I'm going to or have a disease illness that will prevent me. I've barely travelled. This is a big step for me.

But are these sensory seizures? If I get a whiff of something then sniff into my sleeve I can't smell it.

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

All started when I smelt paint at work; explained by builders at work. Would get whiffs and explain to self it was the builders As id smell it in the reception and Hallway (everyone would) so assumed it was air con. Then I smelt it in a pub with no explanation I could see. Then I used tipex and smelt it half hour later. Then I smelt stale cigarettes but blamed it on a number of smoking colleagues I sit near. I have had two/three instances that I've not seen an obvious source.

Fishmanpa
12-08-16, 16:36
I said yes I had spoken with him and that I believed these issues were because I'm scared. I do want to go s.korea I'm scared I'm going to or have a disease illness that will prevent me. I've barely travelled. This is a big step for me.

There is the answer to all your questions They are YOUR words.. YOUR thoughts, YOUR feelings. This isn't about an illness or symptoms, it's about fear of change. You know and everyone on several forums know you're perfectly healthy. Let's make the grammar present tense.....

"I believe these issues are because I'm scared. I want to go S. Korea but I'm scared I'm going to or have a disease illness that will prevent me. I've barely traveled. This is a big step for me."

No more, no less (.) period. Every time you think it's something physical, read those words. Print them out and put them everywhere.... On your fridge, screen saver on your phone and computer. Read that every time you have an irrational thought instead of posting on the forum. Do you think you can do that? Do you think you can actually take this advice and put it into practice Reb?

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
12-08-16, 16:54
I like that logic Fishman but what when I smell something? Or hear something?

Carrie8484
12-08-16, 16:58
If I was so worried I had a brain tumour I'd pay privately on my credit dad or whatever for a private MRI to get a definitive answer.
But you , I, and everyone else knows that you don't have a brain tumour. You won't see a Dr because you know you don't have one.
You posted on another site this week about having leukaemia , and another here today about poo.

Before you start a new thread:

I can assure you that poo creates very real
Smells btw , ain't nothing phantom about pongy poo !!! :))

Gary A
12-08-16, 17:09

So basically you're going to freak out every time you smell or hear something?

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea how to respond to such nonsense.

Fishmanpa
12-08-16, 17:12

You repeat this in your head over and over and over. No Google, no posting on the forum. These are YOUR words, YOUR thoughts, YOUR feelings and the reason you have an irrational fear these everyday normal things.

"I believe these issues are because I'm scared. I want to go S. Korea but I'm scared I'm going to or have a disease illness that will prevent me. I've barely traveled. This is a big step for me."

Positive thoughts

Pipkin
12-08-16, 18:51

Helen,

You've posted very similar threads before and you've consistently had the same response, some very sound advice about seeking further help for your anxiety.

As an admin of this site, I honestly feel that there is nothing any member can say which will give you the reassurance that you want. If you asked 'my anxiety is worse than ever, how can I reduce it?', you'd get a very different response.

I really feel for you and the situation you're in as I know what it feels like to be in the pits of despair, as do most of our members. However, I actually think posting is making you worse.

I'm going to close this thread before it ends up like the others and I would like you to have an honest discussion with your boyfriend about your anxiety, how it affects you and how he can help. Of course, we're always here but we can't answer medical questions. Come and ask about reducing anxiety and we'll help in an instance.

Take care

Pip