PDA

View Full Version : Panicky Little Sister..

cscott2
22-03-07, 14:00
My little sister, who's 11 suffers from panic attacks - her reason for them though is she gets 'too hot' - i know i dont understand them but what does she think is going to happen from getting too hot?!

and sometimes i think she 'claims' she has them - the other day we were at the supermarket and she asked to go to the canteen...mum said no...then dad found her a bit flustered and asked what was up...she said 'i have had a wee panic' and dad asked her if she wanted to go outside and calm down...she just said 'no i want to go to the canteen' and off she went! its almost like shes using them to get her own way...

any replys would be grateful on helping to understand panic attacks

claire x

yorkylover
22-03-07, 15:54
Hi,I can understand what your sister means about getting hot.When I go out I prefer not to wear a coat,especially around shops or super markets.I find if I get very hot I get flusstered and panic.Usually if this happens to me I want to outside where its cool.Its difficult to say with your sister,as we all react differently.Has she seen a gp about her panic attacks and been diagnosed.:)

samc100
22-03-07, 16:45
Hi Claire - I feel changes in body temperature when I get panicky. I go hot and cold. Maybe she just wanted a sit down. But she could be using the panic attacks to get what she wants ( well you would if you were 11 wouldn't you?).

This site will help you understand symptons of panic. Hope your little sis is ok. And there is lots of help available for her.

cscott2
22-03-07, 17:27
lol it was me who posted that about the water...i have emetaphobia...explains it all in the post but yeah! that makes sense...

alice,my little sister,used to have this...still does to a certain extent. so i suppose getting too hot may result in her thinking she will be sick...i dont know though.

yeah she is getting help for it,seeing many phycologists. its tough for her seeing as she is only 11 and moving on upto high school this year :weep: hard for her.

she also suffers from trichotillomania,she pulls her hair our and now is practically bald :weep:

claire x

cscott2
22-03-07, 18:44
what download was that....the hypnosis one?

yeah i know i can understand that....i just dont want this to end up ruling her life....i have the same fear as her yet i dont have panic attacks so dont understand them at all :shrug: wish i did though. i read about ppl on here becoming agrophobic and i dont want that to happen to her. but yeah its good shes getting the help needed. think its her emetaphobia has rubbed off on me :huh: lol.

yeah i did post about her trichotillomania a while ago...so hard atm :weep: