PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for something physical to cause 24/7 fight or flight?

LiveAboveIt
13-08-16, 02:28
I've been sort of stuck in this state for about 6-8 months now. It doesn't matter what medication I am on or how active/distracted I stay. I'm just in a constant severe state of anxiety all day, everyday.

I've been on 6-7 different SSRI's and SNRI's and none of them seem to make a dent. I'm currently taking 50mg of Pristiq and I've been in therapy for a few months now and I can't seem to get rid of this constant anxiety over nothing.

It sometimes tends to lessen or go away at night and I sleep fine for the most part, but I just have this constant severe state of anxiety that I appear to be stuck in, even when I am not worried about anything.

It just seems like nothing is working besides Clonazepam .5mg, but that's just a mild temporary relief and not a real fix. Is it possible to have a physical or hormonal condition that could cause this weird state? Even when I am calm, I feel incredibly headrushy and spaced out, with racing thoughts and this uncomfortable feeling of dread that I can't seem to get rid of.

I've been doing my best to ignore it and use positive self-talk, but it just doesn't seem to lessen or cease. Really at my wits end trying to live despite this.

Shazamataz
13-08-16, 02:37
Hi Live, I've wondered how you were doing as you haven't posted in a while. Sorry you are still struggling.

Have you had any physical tests done? For sure hormonal imbalances can cause problems. It may be worth seeing the Gp to get perhaps your thyroid checked. I wonder if they can test adrenaline as well - not sure if they do that.

I'm in a similar boat with several months of physical symptoms. Started improving on venlafaxine (41 days now) but the last two days I feel absolutely terrible and this makes me feel anxious. It's hard to tell if it's anxiety or not. I have a wonky thyroid but apparently my levels aren't off enough to cause symptoms.

LiveAboveIt
13-08-16, 02:46
Hey Shaz, I'm sorry to hear that you are still fighting this anxiety crap. :( I've had vague tests done and so far everything has come back normal, but that was months ago. Not really sure what is going on at this point.

gianfranco
13-08-16, 02:58
Hi, well i dont know if it can, but it's been 4 month since it all started for me (health anxiety because i fear ms), now im taking sertraline and the last month i also took lorazepam because i couldn`t sleep, i still have some weird stuff going on, even had new symptoms lately, anxiety can really be a bitch sometimes but i like to think that if i come out of this i will be a stonger person, so try to stay calm and be positive i bet you will be ok .

dale12345
13-08-16, 04:43
I think anxiety can cause a lot of physical symptoms. Your heart rate increases, it causes gastrointestinal symptoms it can make you feel like crap.

somethingfeelswrong
14-08-16, 19:36
I was wondering the same thing. I feel the same - even when I'm not worried about anything I feel that I am still in this state of anxiety :( . I just wish I could rewind to 3 months ago when everything was fine... Now I feel like I'm living in a nightmare.

Ditapage
15-08-16, 06:27
Yes, it can be near constant if your nervous system is rattled. But I know I've had months of reprieve so it gets better and when it flares up I feel better equipped to handle it. But poor diet, lack of exercise, a low mood can definitely be a factor and i can't prove this one for anyone else but too much technology use makes me feel panicky.