PDA

View Full Version : Gone in to crisis , help /advice

TRISTAN
13-08-16, 10:15
I have been slowly going down hill for last couple of weeks and yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed .

I have 3 children and it makes me really low that I can't do more with them , my wife is understanding but not sure how much more she can put up with me being this way .

Meds

Citalipram 40 mg for 2 years
Lyrica 250 mg since November
Propananol 80 mg slow release
Quetiapine 20o mg

Can't get to see psyc till next week but with every day I'm getting worse and this morning I just want to give up

Help needed please

Carnation
13-08-16, 10:46
It sounds like you have a bad bout of anxiety and depression.
Unfortunately they go hand in hand and feed off of each other.

My advice would be to listen to your body.
If it is tired, then you need rest. If you are anxious, then you need some gentle exercise. If your are feeling listless, then turn this in to a relaxation period.
I know, easier said than done, but it is as simple as that.
Your body communicates with you and tells you what you need to do and the problem with the human race is we DON'T listen and push ourselves time and time again and end up in a heap on the floor or a prisoner of our bed.

Try to avoid processed foods as much as you can and alcohol; these can fuel anxiety.
Get as much rest and sleep as you can and try and do some things that keep your mind occupied, but you enjoy. Even playing some games with your children will help you, whether it is in a park or at home. You need to go back to your childhood days to release that adult stress and worry and just go back to basics again.

And, don't push yourself in your mind to feel better. Let it happen naturally.
You rbody is repairing and needs to re-charge and the 'brain' needs a holiday too. x

TRISTAN
13-08-16, 10:55
Good advice thank you , and yes my wife is with me X X

sidiam
14-08-16, 14:22
I hope you are feeling a bit better today, you are so lucky to have a partner, cherish her...
Carnations advice was brilliant, I just find it hard to follow when I'm having a bad time.
take care
Sxx

Buster70
14-08-16, 19:15
Hi , I've been on that slippery slope for while and having family does make it hard to look after yourself , I'm struggling to keep going it's exhausting, carnations advice is great better than my doc or therapist , you need to keep getting up and out and try to make a little time for you , I dissapear in my van somewhere quite and put my phone on silent , it's very hard for our families to understand what's going on with us , take care chap .

georgewing
15-08-16, 12:56
Well trh to find a goox therapist that know good about mind and feelings .Anxiety its developed by trauma negative feelings etc you must treat the cause

TRISTAN
15-08-16, 18:11
Not much sleep last nigh and a full day at work so feeling very tired and grumpy right now , kids still need me to play daddy so can't hide away and wife wants my attention and all I want to do is close my eyes and sleep as it's the only time I get relief at the moment

After every sleep comes another struggle and another day