PDA

View Full Version : Totally fed up

shiznit76
13-08-16, 12:39
Hi guys, just want to vent, i am totally fed up with rollercoaster of depression, GAD and rubbish NHS. I had to go private to finally get prescribed pregabalin. Got prescribed 150mg/day, feel need more, went to my GP and he said he would like to speak to the psych first. Ok, that's fine, and quite thoughtful really, this was on Tuesday and he hasn't heard anything back from them yet. Looks like private about as useful as NHS.
Would give near everything i own to get this disease out my body, just wish that those there to help would do just that, and help. For near on 25 years now i have suffered to varying degrees, how much longer??

hanshan
13-08-16, 14:42
Hi Shiznit,

Don't give up hope. I went 50 years or so until pregabalin came along (I'm 62 now). Even then, my doctor refused to prescribe it the first time I suggested it. I had other anxiety-related issues that finally resolved, but only after many years.

If pregabalin doesn't work, there are other anxiety meds now undergoing trials. If successful, they may take some years to be marketed, and even then more years to penetrate the minds of doctors who graduated years ago, but eventually they will be available.

Benjammin69
22-08-16, 11:37
Hi,

Just speaking from my recent experience and these are my personal views only but give the pregabalin time to work some people have instant success and reading this made me want to take more to get these desired results. So I jumped up from 50mgx2 a day to 150mgx2 a day within 3 weeks!

All this did for me was make my physical symptoms worse and bring out a level of depression I never knew I had....

So I have gone to 75mg a day and I am also taking sodium valproate 200mg x2 a day now.

Obviously this is my experience and I wish I gave it time rather than rush in to a higher dose due to reading this will help! Everyone is different and I wish you well on your journey with pregabalin.