PDA

View Full Version : Should these symptoms be concerning?

BrokenAge
14-08-16, 02:31
I'm so freaking worried over leukemia. The fears come and go and I'm freaking out. So I've gotten a couple more small bruises on my arm. They're extremely light tinted. Really just a light yellowish color. I slept with my girlfriend last night and I had some night sweats. I took a nap and woke up and had some more night sweats and I instantly knew that's a symptom of leukemia. So here I am again. I Google the symptoms again. It mentions your heart beat and man I've been havin palpations a lot. It mentions not wanting to exercise because you feel so weak. I don't feel weak but I get lightheaded easily so it worries me even more. Ontop of this I've had bad allergies for about 3 weeks. So I have a lot of symptoms. Running nose, itchy eyes sometimes a sore throat. My armpits also feel a bit sore but there's no bumps. Nothing is swollen. No raised lymphnodes but I'm still so anxious. Trying to convince my parents to take me to the hospital but they keep telling me I'm over exaggerating but am I? Because I'm so sure there's something wrong with me.

Drisque
14-08-16, 03:33
I just wanted to start off by saying I understand what you're going through. A lot of those symptoms you described are classic symptoms of anxiety. I will list the anxiety symptoms I typically go through below:

Night sweats
Lightheaded
Heart palpitations
Increased/decreased heart rate
Fatigue
Pins and needless
Feel as if limbs are weightless/weak
Abdominal pain
Back pain
Altered vision

Googling your symptoms is the absolute worst thing you can possibly do. Any symptom you can possibly have imediately becomes the worst case scenario the second you type it in the Google search engine. Maybe instead of trying to talk your parents into believing you have leukemia you could talk to them about your anxiety. Let them know how it affects you.

BrokenAge
14-08-16, 03:48
Thank you for the reply and I can easily sat I have the same symptoms. My mom has anxiety and anxiety is very prevelant in my family but like you said everything is last case scenario. I remember worrying about cancer ever since I was little boy. Ugh, this is hard sometimes

Drisque
14-08-16, 04:20
It is incredibly hard sometimes. For the last 4 months I have been overcome with the fear that I might have colon cancer; It really affected my life in a negative way, until i followed some good advice i recieved on this forum. I recently started a thread in the health anxiety forum called How are you managing your HA? there were some really good posts on there that helped me quite alot. You should check it out, or start a similar thread asking for advice.

BrokenAge
14-08-16, 04:39
Will do, thanks again for the advice :) it's very much appreciated.