PDA

View Full Version : Short stinging head pain

hypochondricat
14-08-16, 03:31
So I've noticed I get these short stinging head pains around the back of my head or top. Today in the morning I had a pulsing pain or sensation at the top of my head that lasted a few seconds as well. Should I be concerned? I hit the top of my head the other day on the fridge door when I was getting up from getting something. I'm a little worried it's something I should take to an ER to check out. I'm not sure if my lack of sleep could be behind this since I only got 5hrs of sleep or it's something else.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to answer!

NancyW
14-08-16, 03:43
I've had these recently, painful little buggers. This is what I found...

Ice pick headaches are sharp, stabbing pains occurring as a single stab or as a series of stabs, occurring mostly in the eye and orbit, temple, or parietal regions. Stabs last a few seconds, and may recur throughout the day, usually at irregular intervals.

I don't feel worried about it anymore.

Question for you though? Why would you go to the ER? Do you think how you are feeling is a true emergency?

hypochondricat
14-08-16, 04:09
I've had these recently, painful little buggers. This is what I found...

Ice pick headaches are sharp, stabbing pains occurring as a single stab or as a series of stabs, occurring mostly in the eye and orbit, temple, or parietal regions. Stabs last a few seconds, and may recur throughout the day, usually at irregular intervals.

I don't feel worried about it anymore.

Question for you though? Why would you go to the ER? Do you think how you are feeling is a true emergency?

Well I wasn't sure if I should shrug the headache off every since I read about thunderclap headaches which wasn't a smart thing to do but I now have this fear of the headache being some warning of a serious issue with my head

NancyW
14-08-16, 04:26
If the headaches continue, I'd make an appointment with your dr.

It doesn't sound like it's worthy of a trip to the ER. Packing the ER with non urgent cases backs it up and makes it harder for true emergencies to get in quickly.

hypochondricat
14-08-16, 04:32
If the headaches continue, I'd make an appointment with your dr.

It doesn't sound like it's worthy of a trip to the ER. Packing the ER with non urgent cases backs it up and makes it harder for true emergencies to get in quickly.

I understand that, I have told my doctor about my head pains before but they said I should just drink more water.

NancyW
14-08-16, 04:36
That's interesting. Did you try that? Did it work?

I have a lot of headaches, most I believe are due to weather fluctuations.
I had a whopper this afternoon, a storm rolled in a few hours later.

Emerald globe
14-03-18, 20:40
I don't like my mind right now and hello from the future
:bighug1: