PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety/depression?

KatiePink
14-08-16, 22:31
I've got back into work after a long time off. Slowly starting to get back some normality and it's been a long time coming! I am proud of myself for once again picking myself up and managing to climb out of the hole I was in, I am still struggling with anxiety, mainly work related as each day is a challenge to get there.
I know that not many people 'enjoy' work and it's just something you must do. Most people don't like going but I don't know if the feelings I have are classed as 'normal'or not. :huh:

Basically I hate knowing that the day doesn't belong to me so to speak, instead of just getting ready and leaving the house, I'll be at home thinking about the entire day and how I'm going to get through it, then I'll think about the long week ahead and it makes me feel so overwhelmed. I would say I feel 'stuck' in pretty much any job I have. I am very aware that I 'have' to go to work and it's not that I 'want' to.. maybe I am just really lazy that's what I think sometimes because everyone around me seems to do it no problem.

It gets me down because I feel there's so much more to life, and I hate not feeling free and feeling like I'm not in control. Can anyone understand this?

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

I do have panic attacks in the mornings a lot, and at night before bed I feel a horrible sense of dread, I hate feeling like this and want to just be happy, which I am in many ways but working is just so hard for me :unsure: I hope it gets easier as I get better(with anxiety) and I can live a normal life like other people just getting on with it

Mermaid16
15-08-16, 00:51
Hi Katie! Maybe it would be beneficial to make a list of positive things that come from working, this may change the way you feel about having to work. For instance some of these things could be: earning money (gives you the freedom to purchase things that you like), going to work (gives you a sense of accomplishment, that you are working and that it helps to take your mind off your anxiety). These are just a few examples, but if you find some positives, maybe it will be easier for you to look forward to it. Tracy x

georgewing
15-08-16, 12:51
I think you should try go find some nice things from this job and you will have a good feelings about it .try to analyze the job very well and fi d what you ou dont lime there.this will make a clarification in your mind and will help you

Kuatir
15-08-16, 15:08
Is this the job you went for where they gave you a trial period? How are you feeling about the job itself, I know you were pretty excited about the opportunity?

I will say, however, that I feel similar about work. I wish I felt like I was in more control or that I didn't have to work at all. I don't think we are unique though!

KatiePink
16-08-16, 13:32
Thanks everyone feeling much more upbeat today,

Kuatir - No that didn't work out and i actually got offered another position which is great, it's only 5 minutes from home and to be honest feels more 'me' than the other.

Yep i need to think of the positives it's going to be a struggle each day as i expected but in the end i am hopeful things will get easier, each time i let anxiety win it just gets stronger, thanks for your replies everyone x