PDA

View Full Version : Confused imagination with reality: Schizophrenia?

Noclip1
15-08-16, 11:05
Hello, so I am freaking out. I was doing a schizophrenia screening quiz just for curiosity online and only one out of the rest matched the screening test questions and that is the part that asks if I ever confuse imaginations with reality and I said yes to it, So what I mean when I confused an imagination or thought ; I had an imagination that made me wonder whether or not I just thought about doing something or if I actually did it, for example, one time I thought; Did I go to the basement one time a few days ago or did I just imagine going to the basement?

Keep in mind that these rarely happen to me and I don't have hallucinations, delusions, or any other symptoms related to schizophrenia (my only conditions are hypochondria, OCD, and ADHD) and my questions are:

1. Did any of you guys experience what I listed above and don't have schizophrenia while experiencing confusing imaginations with reality at times?

2. Do I have Schizophrenia based on this one symptom or experience?

I am absolutely terrified and I don't want to develop schizophrenia. Thank you.

Gary A
15-08-16, 11:51
1. Did any of you guys experience what I listed above and don't have schizophrenia while experiencing confusing imaginations with reality at times?

2. Do I have Schizophrenia based on this one symptom or experience?

1. Yes, it's perfectly normal to confuse what you've imagined with reality. We all do it at times. I do it with dreams. The point is, if you were schizophrenic, you wouldn't even be aware that the things you imagined weren't actually reality. You still wouldn't know until this very day.

2. No, absolutely not.

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-16, 12:21
Probably every human being would be able to say the same about your basement thought. How often do you hear older people say things like that.

I've walked into rooms not knowing what I went in for. It was because my anxiety was in a high phase.

Schizophrenia means having the criteria to be diagnosed like any other disorder, not a singular event that anyone can have. It's how the symptoms add up that matter. You can't remember and you are trying to get the event to fit a scary diagnosis.

Did you know fear of schizophrenia is a common theme in OCD? Lots of people have been through it, several still posting on this forum. There are many threads about it.