PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with issues

phil06
15-08-16, 11:46
For the past few months I've had issues like back pain in bed every morning now, since I've been on risperidone my sex drive has been non existent and I'm always tired. Also I've been unable to do bowel movements often 5 days without going.

Is there any solution? I feel trapped in these issues daily and I feel drained. I had a breakdown earlier in the year and all these issues seem to have built up I can't do through a day without worrying about the above issues so I end up feeling even more burned out and drained :blush:

georgewing
15-08-16, 11:56
Work with your mind,search pozitive and nice things to do .Also eat healty and balanced and make sport every day and try to find why you have low energy

Kuatir
15-08-16, 13:02
It's quite possible that the risperidone is causing these issues. Constipation is listed, and stiff muscles are possible. I really suggest that you go to see a doctor about these issues.

Other general suggestions I would make are mindfullness, breathing and stretching exercises, but see a doctor first.

phil06
15-08-16, 18:56
It's quite possible that the risperidone is causing these issues. Constipation is listed, and stiff muscles are possible. I really suggest that you go to see a doctor about these issues.

Other general suggestions I would make are mindfullness, breathing and stretching exercises, but see a doctor first.

Well the issues only started after I took the medication. I don't see my physiatrist for a few months yet. I will mention these issues then but I hope I won't be on these meds forever.

I purchased a new mattress, new pillows and it still never fixed my sore back.

Sex drive non existent

And can only poo about once or twice per week I'm not keen on taking laxatives I just never need anymore. I eat the same foods I did when I went every day.

I find keeping busy helps but I wonder how long it will take me for me to enjoy life again after my breakdown or feel less energyless? The physiatrist is keen on keeping me on a low dose of these meds which isn't ideal as these issues could then go on for years. I can't confirm if it's the meds or not as I'm not suppose to stop taking them.

Kuatir
16-08-16, 09:45
Well it sounds like the drugs, so the might improve\get worse\stay the same over time. If it really gets tough go and see a doctor, otherwise ride it out until you see your physiatrist.