PDA

View Full Version : Random question, please answer

Shyplane
15-08-16, 14:41
Im pretty sure this is normal, but for the sake of staying away from doctor google, is it normal that I like ALWAYS have a song stuck in my head? Any time I'm at work or focusing on a task, I realize I have a song playing in my head. Is this normal?

Phuzella
15-08-16, 16:49
Yep annoying isn't it :D

NancyW
15-08-16, 16:54
Yes! It's called an ear worm... we do it to each other, it's like a gift/joke.

They can be easily triggered. I saw a picture/meem on facebook, when you said the picure out loud it was the words to a boy George song, oh man it was stuck in my head for days lol
I showed it to my husband, he was walking around the house singing it ha ha...
This is a symtom you can enjoy!

Fishmanpa
15-08-16, 17:04
Ear worms.. yep. I'm a musician and there's always something playing in my head!

Positive thoughts

KeeKee
15-08-16, 17:04
I get this too and strangely enough it's nearly always a song I don't even like ha!

ServerError
15-08-16, 17:27
I get this too and strangely enough it's nearly always a song I don't even like ha!

I'm annoyed because I've listened to a recently released album by a band I like so many times that several of its songs have been going round in my head for days. I don't even know whether I like it or not anymore! :wacko:

^^ Not the best sentence I ever wrote.

Noivous
15-08-16, 19:21
Yes that happens to most people I think.

NancyW
15-08-16, 21:26
Ear worms.. yep. I'm a musician and there's always something playing in my head!

Positive thoughts

So is my husband!! He's always humming or singing.

Shazamataz
15-08-16, 21:37
I have this often, always have. It's just annoying but nothing to worry about.

conan
15-08-16, 23:48
totally normal but also for me it's a lot "worse" or more noticeable when i'm anxious. when my anxiety is bad it seems to escalate from maybe having a song somewhere in my mind to being quite "loud" and "fast" and at the front of my mind, i guess it just goes hand in hand with the mind speeding up.