PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid cancer

ScarletSpeedster
15-08-16, 15:15
Hey there,

For the past few days I have had a really odd feeling in the front, right side of my throat about midway down. When I swallow it sometimes feels like something is there, no real pain, but almost a very dull heat or sting, with the occasional almost clunking happening (weird). It only feels to be in that one area of my throat, not on the other side.

I have, of course, totally freaked out and am checking my neck in the mirror constantly to see if anywhere it swollen. It doesn't look swollen, and I can't feel any real differences on either side, although I am always sure I can find something.

I don't have any trouble eating/ breathing. I can just notice a 'presence' that wasn't there before and it is worrying me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

georgewing
15-08-16, 16:13
It happen me once and i was very scared like you and i got to doctor and i was had a problem with my throat iritation but i dont promose you that its exact like your case

Miss.Katyy1990
15-08-16, 23:21
Hey scarlet speedster :)

Sorry you're feeling so worried i saw your post and had to reply. I actually had thyriod cancer just as i turned 15 i had absolutley no symptomns no weird feeelings like something was in my throat no heat feeling, nothing. It was my mum who noticed a very obvious swelling there was no questioning it, it was there. But here i am at 25 ten years on and im totally fine :)

I think once you become aware of a feeling it feels amplified! So you thinking your throat feels weird youll start to believe it i honestly do it all the time

If you wanna talk you can message me any questions :)

Fishmanpa
15-08-16, 23:30
As a head and Neck cancer survivor, what you describe is not indicative of cancer.

Positive thoughts