PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

kelm24
22-03-07, 20:58
hey me again im in a real state tonight sat here worrying about everything and feeling every beat of my heart thinking there is something wrong with it again im really sick of feeling like this i just want to enjoy my life and cant.im moving in with my boyfriend next wk and i shiuld be excited but all im doing is worrying conatantly thinking the worse i really want to get better can anyone help sorry to go on AGAIN x

lass
23-03-07, 13:56
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I find that all stress, even good stuff like holidays, makes my anxiety a hundred times worse. So although you are excited about moving in with your bf, it's only natural to have some anxiety too.

Trouble with ha sufferers, any anxiety seems to affect us by causing us to worry about our health, rather than the actual issue.

I'm reading a great book at the moment; my counsellor recommended it. It's called "Overcoming Anxiety" (there is a whole series of "Overcoming ...." books that also deal with panic, depression, low self esteem etc). I'd really recommend it as it explains all about anxiety in the first half, then in the second half it gives lots of exercises (CBT based) to help you deal with it.

Also I've found taking a supplement called 5HTP has really improved my mood. It has a gradual effect but in the last few weeks I've definitely felt better. If you are on any meds though you won't be able to take it.

I'm assuming you've had your health worries checked out by a doctor? If not, go along and speak about what's worrying you and get some reassurance you are ok.

Other than that, I can't think of any other advice I can pass on. But it will get better, and hopefully once you are moved in with you bf you will be able to relax a bit and your anxiety should decrease.

Best of luck
xx