PDA

View Full Version : Morning anxiety again!

Shazamataz
15-08-16, 21:02
So most of you know I've been up and down with this anxiety for many months.

Recently I started on venlafaxine as the mirtazapine helped for a bit but then seemed to konk out, I've heard that can happen. Apparently this combination is knows as California Rocket Fuel!

Started venlafaxine 41 days ago, went onto it fairly easily compared to when I tried SSRIS. But it's been very up and down. I had great improvements In sleep on and off and great improvements in anxiety/panic, but that's been on and off.

I'm on day 11 of my last increase and he past three days the morning anxiety had been awful. Waking super early and unable to get back to sleep and as time passes nearing getting up time the anxiety escalates and I get up feeling nauseous with all over body anxiety symptoms.

I am hoping this is just a bump on the road as I really have felt at times a benefit from the new meds. Why does this happen, these blips? Seems to happen to a lot of people. Just I was expecting to feel awful at the beginning of the increase, not now?

KeeKee
15-08-16, 21:17
I think that with antidepressants, they help to control our emotions, but they can't fully manipulate them. So just as we have ups and downs when off meds, it makes sense to have them whilst on meds. Usually they are easier to handle with meds.

I took antidepressants for almost 6 years and although they certainly helped I still had bad times. They always passed and I'm confident yours will.

Shazamataz
15-08-16, 21:25
Thanks Keekee, I sure hope so. I get to where I'm feeling hopeful and then BAM down I go again. I am aware it's still essentially early days. People on here keep saying three months is when things really start to improve so just have to keep on keeping on.

Unfortunately because of the anxiety my life situation has changed as I had to leave work and I live alone so am spending too much time alone and worry about filling my days, which would be easy if I felt okay but not when I feel like this, and so the cycle continues.

Buster70
15-08-16, 22:13
Hi shaz , realy feel for you going through the rough again , the mornings are the worst I feel like I'm going to lose it completely when I can't get back to sleep , I'm no expert on meds as I've only tried them once and it made me realy bad to start with ( complete breakdown ) but after sticking with them things picked up after a few months so it does take time with some of us , I ditched them after 6 months and look at me now proper mental case I've come so far , take care , ps get to see a free vet on Wednesday Pdsa open day so getting both dogs checked and the pup micro chipped .

Buster70
15-08-16, 22:19
Picture to cheer you up taken tonight on dog walk

dale12345
15-08-16, 22:23
I am really sorry you are going threw this. It can be hell I know, I wouldn't wish this on Anybody. If you need to chat I am here. I get morning anxiety real bad to, my psychiatrist said that people with more anxiety tend to respond better to meds after a while . Don't know if this is true but that's what she said I really hope you feel better very soon .:hugs:

Mermaid16
16-08-16, 02:26
Hi Shaz! I hope you do start to feel better soon. Hopefully the good days start outnumbering the bad. Maybe the blips are just our bodies and our minds trying to adjust to something new. I do crossword puzzles, to try and keep my mind occupied, it is not for everyone, but maybe this is an option, also practicing meditation and breathing could take up some time. Would it be worth looking for someone who can walk their dogs with you, so that you have some Company. It can be really lonely having this illness, and sometimes I just don't want to be around other people because they don't understand. Do you like reading books? That might be a good distraction that could take up some of your time. Just some suggestions. Tracy xx:bighug1:

Dave123 4
20-08-16, 16:20
Thanks Keekee, I sure hope so. I get to where I'm feeling hopeful and then BAM down I go again. I am aware it's still essentially early days. People on here keep saying three months is when things really start to improve so just have to keep on keeping on.

Unfortunately because of the anxiety my life situation has changed as I had to leave work and I live alone so am spending too much time alone and worry about filling my days, which would be easy if I felt okay but not when I feel like this, and so the cycle continues.

Hi. Has anyone tried Michael Sealey videos on you tube. If I wake early I choose one and usually fall back to sleep. Worth a try

rickbutler2009
21-08-16, 11:25
hi all
everything on this thread sounds familiar, I've been on citalopram for a few years now, after everything settled down I found I was back to my normal self, such a good feeling. there have been blips and I think I personally (or as an anxiety sufferer) don't handle big changes well, these seem to kick thinks off again, (1st child, then 2nd, new puppy 2 years ago).
I think the brexit vote (of all things) kicked off my latest bout. it is so annoying to be calm as the day draws on then the evenings i'm fine, but then the morning comes, its like groundhog day.
I then think maybe the meds don't work any more, anyone experienced this side, and did the meds kick back in (they have I the past, I see no reason why they shouldn't this time)
i'm going to try CBT I think to try and resolve my issues.
talking helps thanks for listening.

regards