PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I've had enough!!!

ConfusedByLife
22-03-07, 22:34
After the past week, the latest in a long line of complete nightmares coming off this bloody effexor i'vce had enough. m konths now ive been trying to ween myself off it, and 3 months i've been up and down like a pair of whores knickers (90% of the time down), but this week took the buscuit, my nerves are shattered I feel like im going insane and I just can't fight anymore. Im trying the CBT but my body just wont do what my minds telling it. The constant shaking, I can't even look at myself in the mirror, the anxiety, the wierd thoughts. I dont care anymore. I've resigned myself to my fate that drugs are all i have left. Im just gona stay on them forever and f*ck everything else. Im gona take any drug goin and just stay in and withdraw cuz nothing ever works!!!! ahhhhhh! Im so pissed off right now. Why does everything always have to be so bloody hard?

nomorepanic
22-03-07, 22:41
I dont care anymore. I've resigned myself to my fate that drugs are all i have left. Im just gona stay on them forever and f*ck everything else. Im gona take any drug goin and just stay in and withdraw cuz nothing ever works!!!! ahhhhhh! Im so pissed off right now. Why does everything always have to be so bloody hard?

Hi there

Sorry you feel so bad. I know how hard it is cos I suffered 10 years with no let-up or relief. Try meds - never worked, tried everything and nothing.

Then I decided to take control back and put into action all that people told me.

Diet and exercise were the major turn-around for me and worked!

Panic free for over 3 years now though I still have anxiety at times

If you choose to withdraw and give up then that is your choice but there are alternatives and you CAN get back on track like I did. I never ever thought I could but I did.

It was blooming hard work - every day - over and over hard work but worth it.

You can do it if you want to but you have to want to and have to want to work hard.

Thinking of you.

groovygranny
22-03-07, 22:50
It's hard cos life is s**t sometimes. And very rarely do we come up smelling of roses.

But, (I think I've said this in a post long ago so sorry if I'm repeating myself!) s**t is also fertilizer and can be used to make things grow and flourish.Not that I'm minimising the agony you must be going through at the moment, far from it.

Are you under med supervision while you come off the meds or are you going it alone?

Is now the right time to come off? I used to have a real phobia about taking drugs but since I had to take them for a while I can see how helpful they can be. After all, if you broke your leg you'd have it put in plaster while it healed wouldn't you?

Sorry if I haven't been much help, just wanted offer some moral support.

lotsa luv

GG :emot-dance:

xx

Insomniac
16-05-07, 22:37
Hi there ConfusedByLife

I've just read your post. I hope you're feeling better, at least a bit. :hugs:

I came off efexor about 5 years ago. Coming off was hard, and I had depression without anxiety then. I just weaned down as much as I could then planned with hubby and spent weekend on sofa feeling cr*p. But got through it. If your doctor is any good they'll help you. But there is only so much they can do. They say there's no withdrawl, but it does affect you when you reduce the dose.

It IS hard. Its still hard now for me too. I didn't want meds but ended up taking Seroxat of all things (after hearing so much negative stuff). But I needed help. I will deal with withdrawl when I'm ready. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, and no its not an oncoming train either, lol.

The CBT is hard too. I am always impatient with things like that and want them to work straight away. But like anything else we do need to practise. It becomes easier with time. The road we all travel to reach this point of anxiety is a long one, so it will be a long way back again. But stick with it. Being positive isn't always easy. (I have posted on depression too!) But this place is one where you will always find friendship and support. :yesyes: