PDA

View Full Version : terrified of abnormal blood results

panicstricken
16-08-16, 12:30
Heya all, I haven't used this site in a while and I had been managing to keep my anxiety at bay lately, but it's gone into major overdrive today.

My partner and I had gne to docs as we had been feeling unwell lately and they ran some bloods, well we were called to docs today and they said that my one ovary was showing signs of abnormalities my ca125 was at 38 and I had low folite levels. I have been having symptoms like bloating etc for a while and tiredness etc, so I just put it down to hormones etc. Well anyway they also picked up that my partner has abnormalities with his liver readings or something. I have google and guess what cancer has come up several times I in particular have a lot of the symptoms I'm freaking put.

Anyone have any advice or words of comfort sorry for unbelievably long post but I needed to vent a bit today. Thanks guys in advance if you stuck with it :):)

Minivil
16-08-16, 13:19
I had pretty terrifying elevated enzyme readings (think hundreds)--twice in a couple of months. I did find out I had some moderate health issues, but nothing a little low carb high healthy fat diet and exercise couldn't work out! I had abdominal scans and new blood work done, and all are pretty much reversed and doc told me to continue doing what I'm doing bc it's working.
It's unfortunately very common to have fatty liver and related metabolic issues in our societies, but the chances of it being end stage level of bad are pretty rare. Blood work is a GOOD thing (but I understand the fear, trust me). It gives you a chance to know what's happening and make corrections. Take heart. :)

panicstricken
16-08-16, 17:41
Thank you so much for your reply, I'm so sorry to hear that you had simular concerns but I am glad that they are clearing up for you. I hope you are much better now:hugs: . Thank you for your support, I have started to make changes and am hoping that this is nothing serious. Hope you are well :hugs::hugs::hugs: