PDA

View Full Version : need to talk to someone

tricia56
16-08-16, 17:46
Hi I'm really struggling today ever since I woke up this morning I haven't felt right I feel so anxiouse and allday I've tried to bring the anxiety down done relaxation went for short walk tried to do some little housework but all i keep thinking about is why wont it go down why am feeling like this etc, my mind just wont give up and all i want to do is lay on my bed hoping it will go down because i get too, scared to do anything because of the way in feeling, i know deep down that anxiety cannot harm me or die from it and that there isn't any magic pill to make it go away and that anxiety is a natural feeling we all have it to keep us safe and i tell myself that all the time but it just doesn't register in just so scared of the physical symtoms of it i try to just let symtoms be there and try to just exept them but i just cant seem to do it for some reason.im waiting for therapy at the momement sorry to rant but think wat I'm really asking for is reassurance that I'm ok and that everything in feeling and thinking is part and parcel of anxiety .

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 12:16
Hi Tricia,

Oh, it's absolutely all part of anxiety. I've had many days like that where nothing helps and you just have to bite down and take it hoping the next day will be different. I went through periods of it.

It's very hard when it's like this. You do want to hide away but the sad thing is, it comes with you!

You are doing the right things. You feel the need to retreat but you are still carrying on and trying to accept it, trying to relax, etc. I found I had to do relaxation exercises for weeks & weeks before I started to feel them.

You hang in there. Rant away all you want, it's part of what this place is for. Get the frustration out of your head and then move onto something else and try not to let the thinking keep going over the same point. Try and distract yourself as much as you can so get a break from it, it can be easier to control it later.

:hugs::flowers:

tricia56
17-08-16, 15:43
Hi thk u terry you have been a great help to me, I don't know if I'm doing the relaxation properly as I haven't got a cd so I do it on my own , its so had to exept the anxiety when you have it constantly especially the symtoms as I think I've mentioned before I'm so scared of them and I think this is wat is holding me back alot, it don't help as there doesn't seem a day that goes by I wake up with some pain or ache in my body which doesn't help my HA as that just spirals then. I do let the anxiety win all the time as I do avoid going out visiting my kids or socialing etc because I'm scared of how I feel, so I know avoiding and not pushing myself to just go and do it regardless of how I feel but I don't seem to have either the courage or confidence to do it if that makes sense , I'm still waiting for therapy from mental health and I'm hoping this time it will help me manage and cope better with the anxiety and get some kind of life back as I don't want to be like this the rest of my life.