PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cancer fears- help me get over this please!

ang202
16-08-16, 23:22
Hi. Has anyone else had anxiety about ovarian cancer? I have not been able to sleep or relax for over a week because I am so scared I have it and the prognosis seems to be so awful for people with ovarian cancer. Myhr main symptom I am worried about is a constant need to urinate. As soon as I walk away from the toilet after i urinate I feel like I need to go again. I can ignore the urge and out it off for about 2 hours but it is very uncomfortable. When i do go I feel the stream is much weaker then it used to be and less comes out. I have been to the doctor and I do not have a uti. I did the an abdominal ultrasound approx 10 months ago and there was no signs of anything so I keep trying to tell myself that for a tumor to be big enough to press on the bladder it would have had to have been seen in the ultrasound 10 months ago but I can't seem to let it go 😢

nicol1333
16-08-16, 23:33
Hi!

I'm dealing with this daily too because I have a paraovarian cyst that needs to be monitored. I am constantly scanning my body and monitoring how much I pee even though my doctor has told me that I shouldn't worry. I totally understand your fears! BUT I have also been told that when our anxiety is high that it can cause frequent urination. That, mixed with you being more focused on it I'm sure is making it seem worse. I too have had ultrasounds done (I'll be having another one next month) and just like yours they didn't see anything and I'm pretty sure it's unlikely anything would have gotten that big so quickly.

I've also read that ovarian cancer is relatively rare.

katyfitz
17-08-16, 00:22
I'm convinced I have it also. I'm petrified x

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Also anxiety causes major need to urinate so pls don't worry

ang202
17-08-16, 01:58
It's so frustrating feeling like this isn't it! It's nice to know other people worry about this too. My doctor even told me it's not something on his radar for me right now and I still can't get it out of my head. It's like I'm constantly thinking maybe he is wrong and the longer I wait the more advanced it will get

Cusper
17-08-16, 04:40
When I was 18 I read this book about Gilda Radner (a comedian who died of ovarian cancer in her early 40's) However when I read the book I started feeling these awful pains in my ovaries. My boyfriend at the time threw the book on the fire because I was so freaked out. I admit that every few years I have had UTI's that convinced me I had ovarian cancer and now that I am actually 40 I am afraid since it was the same age she was diagnosed. Ovarian cancer is one of those cancers that has a high mortality rate and is a huge trigger for people with HA. It is also considered a silent killer. If you have had an ultrasound 10 months earlier I think that should put your mind at ease. I understand because ovarian cancer is my number one trigger of all the cancers out there. If it is really bothering you just insist on an ultrasound so you can relax. In ten months though, I really believe you will be fine. Also, when i have huge bouts of anxiety I pee very often. I know this because my ovarian cancer fear seems to pop up every couple years. I am so sorry you are going through this. It's awful. One book that really helped me was written by a woman who was afraid of disease it was called, "Dying To Be Me" by Anita Moorjani. Sounds really corny but I think I am due to read it again.

ang202
17-08-16, 09:47
I know lots of people say they feel like they need to urinate a lot when they are anxious but does anyone else find that they feel busting to wee but when u do only a small amount comes out? This is what worries me the most!

Luja
22-08-16, 11:45
Only last year I thought I had Ovarian Cancer ... the pain and bleeding I was getting. I went for a internal scan and cried my.way though it ... turned out to be nothing just a cyst that apparently burst (which is quite common). I always think the worse and I'm suffering from sinus pain and scared I have cancer. Health Anxiety is evil and it makes our judgement blurry and we are quick to over think things. I hope you start feeling more better soon x

Indiaav
19-11-16, 23:05
I have just had ovary screening which was a blood test and it came back in 48 hours as normal. I am panicky and anxious and have been since July and have a feeling between my legs rather like one gets when the stomach gets knotted with anxiety, the doc said he was doing ovary screening and i went downhill with the stress of worrying about it for two days on top of what I was already feeling. I am still recovering. x

nomorepanic
20-11-16, 17:34
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.