PDA

View Full Version : The latest manifestation of my anxiety is a weird one

ServerError
17-08-16, 05:04
Just been looking at myself in the mirror (I was shaving before leaving for work, if you must know) and I noticed something: I'M GREY!

Like, not completely. I just look frightfully pale, with a weird grey tinge to my face. :ohmy:

God, anxiety is getting old. It was hard enough getting a girlfriend before all this. What next..?

On the plus side, I still feel much better in general.

dale12345
17-08-16, 05:22
It's your thinking, nothing wrong with the way you look.Your is Anxiety just lying to you.

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 05:23
I remember my first time grey hair. But it's not on my head :blush:

Wait till you get ear hairs!!! :roflmao: Then you will feel old!

Good to hear things are still going well. That's by far the most important, things like this will sort themselves out.

ServerError
17-08-16, 05:42
It's your thinking, nothing wrong with the way you look.Your is Anxiety just lying to you.

No, there's definitely a grey-ish tinge to my skin right now. Probably because I've been inside so much, eating little and worrying about things (not health related). But thanks!

I remember my first time grey hair. But it's not on my head :blush:

Wait till you get ear hairs!!! :roflmao: Then you will feel old!

Good to hear things are still going well. That's by far the most important, things like this will sort themselves out.

Oh, I have a few ear hairs. I've had nasal hairs that insist on poking out since I was in my early 20s. I also started going bald in my teens.

No wonder I'm anxious!

EDIT: Did you think I was referring to my hair? That remains blonde, if a little thin...

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 05:50
Going bald = virile...some positive thinking to challenge negative thinking I reckon. :winks:

Yeah, those damn nasal hairs. And the more you cut them, the worse they stick out as they seem to get straighter. How people pluck them though, I don't know!

Yeah, I thought you meant you barnet. I didn't think you were blonde under that beanie.

ServerError
17-08-16, 06:02
I feel like the John Major puppet from Spitting Image. If that isn't too obscure a reference.

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 06:35
The funny thing is, the puppet is more memorable than the actual man. :roflmao:

If only we had Spitting Image still.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 08:02
No, there's definitely a grey-ish tinge to my skin right now. Probably because I've been inside so much, eating little and worrying about things (not health related). But thanks!

Oh, I have a few ear hairs. I've had nasal hairs that insist on poking out since I was in my early 20s. I also started going bald in my teens.

No wonder I'm anxious!

EDIT: Did you think I was referring to my hair? That remains blonde, if a little thin...

Sounds a lot like my partner haha he is 27 and he's hairs been thinning for a while, i always say its probably because of the stress i put him under :ohmy: but his dad was the same, he will probably have a birds nest by the time he's 35! He never acts bothered but i'm assuming he must be

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 10:39
Sounds a lot like my partner haha he is 27 and he's hairs been thinning for a while, i always say its probably because of the stress i put him under :ohmy: but his dad was the same, he will probably have a birds nest by the time he's 35! He never acts bothered but i'm assuming he must be

There's always a Wayne Rooney hair transplant. Has he got plenty of bum hair? :D (No, please don't answer that!!! :blush::ohmy:)

KatiePink
17-08-16, 10:40
There's always a Wayne Rooney hair transplant. Has he got plenty of bum hair? :D (No, please don't answer that!!! :blush::ohmy:)

I always say that to him to wind him up, i probably shouldn't lol and i'm sure there's enough to fashion something :roflmao:

Darwin73
17-08-16, 10:41
"More peas, Norma?":roflmao:

Was it a bathroom mirror? I find they are notorious for not reflecting (lol) your true colour. I bet if you take a walk and look in a different mirror (eg shop or work), you will look fine. Artificial light is not flattering.

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 10:45
I always say that to him to wind him up, i probably shouldn't lol and i'm sure there's enough to fashion something :roflmao:

I bet you get the :rolleyes: when that Shane Warne ad comes on. :D...and The Crystal Maze :winks:

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

I bet if you take a walk and look in a different mirror (eg shop or work), you will look fine.

I tried that in Tesco with my bumfluff but they weren't amused. :whistles: :biggrin:

flipp
17-08-16, 11:00
:roflmao:
My brother's nickname is bumfluff,ha!ha!ha!.
Did someone mention that idiot Shane Warne he is a w..ker.

dale12345
17-08-16, 20:24
My mom went completely grey by 20. Lol

Fishmanpa
17-08-16, 20:43

I've been going bald since my twenties. Now, I'm Mr. Clean. Ironically, when I decided to shave my head, my social life improved dramatically! Who knew so many women liked bald? Sadly though, as the hair on my head became thinner, the hear in my nose and ears grew thicker ~lol~

Concerning the complexion? Get outside and get a little sun :shades:

Positive thoughts

dale12345
18-08-16, 01:41
Myself and alot if women I know don't care about men being bald. If someone's that superficial why would you want them anyways.

swgrl09
18-08-16, 02:04
If it makes you feel any better, my first gray popped up at age 14! I've been coloring my hair ever since so who knows what's under there now.

Drisque
18-08-16, 02:21
I always convince myself my skin is tinted yellow. The fear of cancer induced jaundice washes over me and sends me into a panic, that is until I go to a room with sufficient natural lighting. The lighting of the room you're in plays a roll in the perceived tone of your skin. Maybe that's what's going on.

dale12345
18-08-16, 03:16
Very true the lighting makes a difference.

ServerError
18-08-16, 15:14
I don't know if my opening post was as clear as it could have been. It's not my hair that's grey, it was my face.

I looked really off. However, I look my normal, devastatingly attractive, fleshy self again now.

Fishmanpa
18-08-16, 15:47
I don't know if my opening post was as clear as it could have been. It's not my hair that's grey, it was my face.

I looked really off. However, I look my normal, devastatingly attractive, fleshy self again now.

Could it have been just a lighting thing? Perhaps you need one of those special makeup mirrors so you can make sure you look your devastatingly attractive, fleshy self in any light ~lol~

Positive thoughts

ServerError
18-08-16, 16:20
Could it have been just a lighting thing? Perhaps you need one of those special makeup mirrors so you can make sure you look your devastatingly attractive, fleshy self in any light ~lol~

Positive thoughts

No, I definitely looked strange. I put it down to lack of sunlight, poor sleep, not eating or drinking enough. Had a bit of a lapse in self-care lately. Been feeling horrible. But it was nothing to worry about. I'm really stressed at the moment, but I'm managing my condition as well as ever.

Fishmanpa
18-08-16, 16:28
No, I definitely looked strange. I put it down to lack of sunlight, poor sleep, not eating or drinking enough. Had a bit of a lapse in self-care lately. Been feeling horrible. But it was nothing to worry about. I'm really stressed at the moment, but I'm managing my condition as well as ever.

Well yeah, true... lack of sleep, sun etc. can make you look like death warmed over... If you think you have bad face days now? Wait till you hit mid-life! ~lol~

Keep you the good work... perhaps some homemade Prozac would be in order?

Positive thoughts

ServerError
18-08-16, 19:35
I've been eating a lot of ice cream lately. True story.

dale12345
18-08-16, 20:36
I hope you feel better