PDA

View Full Version : Changing meds process

Debs21uk
17-08-16, 17:20
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to change from my citalopram as its clearly not working when I'm sitting in tears and afraid to leave the house. Have nearly been on the added quetiapine for 2 weeks and generally don't like how I feel like a constant zombie. I'm due at the dr tomorrow but was wondering if anyone knows how you come off these in terms of whether I will change the cit first or come off the quetiapine?

My mum has just changed from an ssri to an snri within a couple of days, I didn't think this was possible. Do you not need to do a withdrawal first?

Suziewuzie
17-08-16, 17:51
When my GP suggested changing me from Citalopram to Mirtazapine I was told to just stop the citalopram one day and start the mirtazapine the next x

Debs21uk
17-08-16, 17:52
Are they from the same class?

MyNameIsTerry
22-08-16, 07:13
No, Mirt is a noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant (NaSSA) class drug. But refer to the Maudsley guide for switching which I posted on your other thread. I've seen those guidelines in several local NHS trust docs issued to their doctors.

Debs21uk
25-08-16, 20:23
See they say you can directly switch but I feel I'm having to get put through a tougher time if I've to withdraw first as its going to take me weeks to get off the cit before I even get to try something else.