PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

helenhoo
17-08-16, 19:05
I'm worried I'm schizophrenic. I'm a big day dreamer so I'm always thinking and pondering day away. Few years back I had a fear j was on the Truman show and people knew me. I outgrew this but occasionally it pops back in my head. I *know* I'm not being watched or anything just creeps back now and again.

Phuzella
17-08-16, 19:08
I love the Truman show. Watched it twice on the plane back from Asia :)

helenhoo
17-08-16, 19:10
It's not so much I thought I was being watched.

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:12
For goodness sake. :weep:

helenhoo
17-08-16, 19:12
What Gary?

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:14
What Gary?

You know what. Quit the act will you?

skymaid
17-08-16, 19:15
one of my favourite films. I love jim careys more serious roles. enternal sunshine, man in the moon, number 13. actually number 13 isn't probably a film anyone with an obsession should watch

Phuzella
17-08-16, 19:16
Eternal sunshine was good

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:17
one of my favourite films. I love jim careys more serious roles. enternal sunshine, man in the moon, number 13. actually number 13 isn't probably a film anyone with an obsession should watch

Ace Ventura was better. It's kind of like me when I see one of these threads.

"ALLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY THEN."

Phuzella
17-08-16, 19:18
And at the end of Truman, he escapes. I wish they'd make a follow up film :)

helenhoo
Like I wonder if actors blend in my life. Not that I'm being watched.

Phuzella
Ace Ventura great film

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:19
Jim Carrey is great. The mask was also hilarious.

skymaid
17-08-16, 19:20
The Mask was great and i liked Yes Man too. but mostly because of Zooey Dechanel.

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:25
The Mask was great and i liked Yes Man too. but mostly because of Zooey Dechanel.

Don't think I ever saw that one. Cameron Diaz in the mask though. :shades:

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

And at the end of Truman, he escapes. I wish they'd make a follow up film :)

It did leave itself wide open for a sequel, but to be honest I'm not a big fan of sequels. I loved the film independence day (showing my age a bit here) and couldn't wait to see the sequel when it came out this year.

Needless to say, it suuuuuuuuuucked. :lac:

helenhoo
17-08-16, 19:26
So I'm not a schizophrenic then?

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:26
So I'm not a schizophrenic then?

I've never saw that one. :roflmao:

No, you aren't.

Phuzella
17-08-16, 19:29
Nope just a bit anxious

helenhoo
17-08-16, 19:31
So I often ponder if my favourite actors live life around me?

Gary A
17-08-16, 19:32
So I often ponder if my favourite actors live life around me?

I don't even know what that means.

Darwin73
17-08-16, 19:42
I once saw Alec Guinness in Carnaby Street

brucealmighty
17-08-16, 19:43
love jim carrey, the outtakes shown at the end of liar liar are fantastic. if you haven`t seen it its all about a character who is trapped in an endless vortex of lies and wild stories that drive people mad who are trying to help him, eventually it all gets out of hand and brings him crashing down, far from ruining his life it actually makes him realise what life is all about.

Phuzella
17-08-16, 19:45
Oh yeah liar liar brilliant film

GadGirl
17-08-16, 19:48
You have basically made yourself so anxious your suffering from what is called Depersonilzation google it! It's were your brain can't take the amount of anxiety and stress you have put on it and it's took a back seat, everything feels fake, like your in a realty to series and feeling like everyone around you is fake or as you put it actors.

KeeKee
17-08-16, 19:54
You have basically made yourself so anxious your suffering from what is called Depersonilzation google it! It's were your brain can't take the amount of anxiety and stress you have put on it and it's took a back seat, everything feels fake, like your in a realty to series and feeling like everyone around you is fake or as you put it actors.

Good observation. Makes sense to me

helenhoo
17-08-16, 19:57
No it's not that. As I said I don't think i have actors around me like everyone is an actor or I'm being filmed it's not like that.

skymaid
17-08-16, 19:57
I once saw Alec Guinness in Carnaby Street

I once saw Dirty Den outside the Body Shop in Norwich.

...ok, you win.

Phuzella
17-08-16, 19:59
I saw Gail from Coronation street coming out of Harrods

brucealmighty
17-08-16, 20:04
I saw peter crouch and abbey clancy in chester and she is utterly beautiful in the flesh with next to no make up on, really smiley and friendly and happy to stop and talk to people. he`s a lovely bloke too, not quite as pretty as her though:D

GadGirl
17-08-16, 20:06
Good to see your viewing the DP/DR threads helen

Gary A
17-08-16, 20:07
I saw peter crouch and abbey clancy in chester and she is utterly beautiful in the flesh with next to no make up on, really smiley and friendly and happy to stop and talk to people. he`s a lovely bloke too, not quite as pretty as her though:D

Best quote ever by Crouch was when he was asked what he would be if he wasn't a footballer.

His answer was "a virgin". :roflmao:

Phuzella
17-08-16, 20:07
I dunno about that :(
@ GadGirl

brucealmighty
17-08-16, 20:12
I remember that one Gary, rare example of extreme honesty from a premiership footballer !!:D

skymaid
17-08-16, 20:21
bruce almighty. forgot about that carey film. another example of films with a rubbish sequel though

brucealmighty
17-08-16, 20:41
god yes it was dreadful, the only sequels I`ve liked have been rocky 2, godfather 2 and empire strikes back. can`t think of many others that have been worth the effort.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

and someones viewing a thread from 2010 about brain tumours.
anyway, I`m away for the night so everyone be well take care

KeeKee
17-08-16, 20:41
I'm probably a bit of a saddo here, but I loved the Karate Kid sequels. Especially the one with Mike Barnes in :blush:

Darwin73
17-08-16, 20:44
I've got 'Glory of Love' going round in my head now KeeKee:)

Gatsby
17-08-16, 20:48
I'm worried I'm schizophrenic. I'm a big day dreamer so I'm always thinking and pondering day away. Few years back I had a fear j was on the Truman show and people knew me. I outgrew this but occasionally it pops back in my head. I *know* I'm not being watched or anything just creeps back now and again.

Seeing as the thread has gone off topic slightly. Just thought i would post for reassurance to OP. I'm not sure if it is 'normal' per say but i can say that i know exactly how you feel, i have gone through this exact same feeling and have never mentioned it before out of fear of being ridiculed. So well done hun for being brave and posting your inner most thoughts on a public forum for everyone to read.
It used to be horrendously bad at one time, when extremely stressed, it was a sort of relief/escape to get entwined in it and to believe i was this person other than myself. I have periods of anxiety about being filmed and can find myself acting a certain way as if i am being filmed.
Anyway that's enough from my crazy train of a brain.
All the best Helen, you are not alone in your feelings.

skymaid
17-08-16, 21:15
I didnt actually think it was serious. apologies for any offence caused.

Gatsby
17-08-16, 21:22
I am being 100% serious. Agreed with poster above some on here should be ashamed of themselves.

KeeKee
17-08-16, 21:27
Helen I would leave this forum unless you enjoy ridicule. Some very unkind people posting on here. It's obvious Helen has problems, hope you are all proud of your dubious attempts at humour.

I hope I wasn't included in this. Read all of my previous posts in Helenhoo's threads.

My post was of course off topic and I apologise for that, but I usually just read the last page of a thread and respond accordingly and my post was not an attempt at any humour.

Gary A
17-08-16, 21:28
Helen I would leave this forum unless you enjoy ridicule. Some very unkind people posting on here. It's obvious Helen has problems, hope you are all proud of your dubious attempts at humour.

Helens problem is anxiety. She's been told this over and over and over to the point people have run out of things to tell her. People are talking about Jim Carrey films after she brought up the Truman show. Hardly ridicule.

pulisa
17-08-16, 21:37
I think she knows she has anxiety, Primula, as can be evidenced by her last thread title. It's the way she has chosen to address it which is causing the "issues" despite many people trying to help her

Gatsby
17-08-16, 21:39
Hear Hear Primula!

GaryA- If you don't like what she has to write then don't read it, and even better don't reply. If you think she's pretending/being a troll then why feed her. I think you need to look up the word ridicule in the dictionary. What you have done is ridicule this poor girls situation.

brucealmighty
17-08-16, 21:41
genuinely lost here unless I`ve misread something if helen is worried about being schizophrenic then theres no one on any forum anywhere who could advise or diagnose, nor should she be asking such questions to people - they`ll go one way or another - either openly barrack her for asking such questions, or try to help and not be able to then get frustrated.

you can see from my user name I like jim carrey a lot and joined in with the discussion.

anyway.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 21:43
It is NoMorePanic an anxiety website, I'm sure the poster is well aware as they have said before, whether they understand the affects of anxiety as much as others is definitely questionable. I honestly think the Jim Carey thing was just light hearted? I don't really think anyone can answer the questions the poster asked in this thread.. :huh:

Helen if you are reading I said I wouldn't reply again because it was hurting my head :D here I am.. how about when starting a thread, try explaining things a bit better and addressing anxiety in them instead of just listing these 'symptoms' as it really doesn't give people much chance of responding with any advice.

Gary A
17-08-16, 21:46
Actually, if either of you have been paying any attention to her previous threads, it was agreed by all, including admin by the way, that not feeding into her anxiety is the best way forward. I personally was trying to get her off the subject of her latest fear as quickly as I could, lest this become another obsession that leads her down another bad road.

Also, can you both refrain from saying anyone here called her a troll? That's not the case on this thread at all, and I at no point have suggested she was.

Try to look into things properly before getting all high and mighty.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 21:46
genuinely lost here unless I`ve misread something if helen is worried about being schizophrenic then theres no one on any forum anywhere who could advise or diagnose, nor should she be asking such questions to people - they`ll go one way or another - either openly barrack her for asking such questions, or try to help and not be able to then get frustrated.

you can see from my user name I like jim carrey a lot and joined in with the discussion.

anyway.

It's all your fault Bruce :D

Let's just move on everyone, let Helen ask her questions if she wants to x

debs71
17-08-16, 21:47
I posted on helenhoo's other thread about the fact that I think there is a lot of frustration going on......got no feedback, but anyway....

I totally get why people who have responded time and time again on helenhoo's threads are getting burnt out and frustrated, but I also agree that the members who are at that stage should really just not read the threads and/or not post on them. What is the point if they feel nothing is reaching the OP, and it all ends up being accusatory??

There are plenty of members - I didn't actually see YOU responding to helenhoo, in all honesty Primula - who can offer helenhoo advice and support if they feel willing and able to, but sadly it ALWAYS seems to be the same members time and time again, many of whom have posted on helenhoo's thread I might add. There isn't much give here, but a hell of a lot of take lately.

I personally will not be, purely because I don't feel I can add a thing to what I have posted before, and frankly I am trying to cope with my own anxiety issues right now, and all of this is just getting stupid on here lately.

Just being honest. x.....

P.S. I hope you find some peace helenhoo, but that means some level of acceptance on your part, which I am not sure is quite there yet. You can get there though.

Gary A
17-08-16, 21:54
I have read the other threads, from what I've seen, you bait her by looking at what threads she's reading and writing about it on here. I didn't call her a troll, I said she may or may not be.

I think you've got me mixed up with someone else. I don't look at what threads she's reading and I genuinely don't care either. I have saw some others bringing that up, but certainly not me.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 21:58
I think you've got me mixed up with someone else. I don't look at what threads she's reading and I genuinely don't care either. I have saw some others bringing that up, but certainly not me.

That may be me. I did that as a point raised which was to help her, no other reason. If the poster is looking up threads about brain tumour symptoms that's not helpful to the poster.

So I pointed it out. We are here to get advice and support for our own issues, as well as trying to help others if we can, not lie to them a d tell them what they want to hear surely! So to sum up, I did check what she was doing, sorry Helen, and posted it to make her see that she needs to try and break the habit.

debs71
17-08-16, 21:59
No you are right, I haven't offered any advice before, only recently come back to NMP, and have been ploughing through the threads. Not sure why that means I shouldn't comment now though. :D:)

Did I say you shouldn't comment??? Umm no.

I simply meant that you are chastising the people who have replied to helenhoo frequently on the forum, but you have not led by example, when you say that she needs responses showing understanding and support.

I think that is a valid point.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 22:00
I posted on helenhoo's other thread about the fact that I think there is a lot of frustration going on......got no feedback, but anyway....

I totally get why people who have responded time and time again on helenhoo's threads are getting burnt out and frustrated, but I also agree that the members who are at that stage should really just not read the threads and/or not post on them. What is the point if they feel nothing is reaching the OP, and it all ends up being accusatory??

There are plenty of members - I didn't actually see YOU responding to helenhoo, in all honesty Primula - who can offer helenhoo advice and support if they feel willing and able to, but sadly it ALWAYS seems to be the same members time and time again, many of whom have posted on helenhoo's thread I might add. There isn't much give here, but a hell of a lot of take lately.

I personally will not be, purely because I don't feel I can add a thing to what I have posted before, and frankly I am trying to cope with my own anxiety issues right now, and all of this is just getting stupid on here lately.

Just being honest. x.....

P.S. I hope you find some peace helenhoo, but that means some level of acceptance on your part, which I am not sure is quite there yet. You can get there though.

I saw your post on the other thread and thought it was bang on. Just hard to keep up lately and acknowledge all the comments :doh:

debs71
17-08-16, 22:03
I saw your post on the other thread and thought it was bang on. Just hard to keep up lately and acknowledge all the comments :doh:

Thanks KatiePink.....no worries. I'm just ultra cranky at the moment.

Just ignore me....:winks::winks::winks: xx

pulisa
17-08-16, 22:04
Debs, I agree with all you have said. Please don't make yourself feel worse by getting involved with this. You have enough on your plate xx

Gatsby
17-08-16, 22:04
I don't care about her other threads, what has been agreed upon by anyone else is of no consequence to me opening/reading and replying to this thread.

It's not difficult, if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing. If you are trying to help her get over her fears and are fed up of repeating yourself then say nothing.
Agreed with Katie, let her ask them if someone wants to take the time to leave a productive reply then so be it.

debs71
17-08-16, 22:05
Thanks pulisa. xx:hugs:

Yep, you're right. I'm going to excuse myself for a bit I think.x

Gary A
17-08-16, 22:05
See, this is the problem. This thread was started by helenhoo and myself and a few others acted to quickly divert it away from being yet another shouting match, and even more so to get Helen quickly away from any attempt to diagnose herself with yet another illness.

But lo and behold, people just have to appear and start picking fights were there are none and basically, here we are all shouty again.

The thread was light hearted and quite funny in a way, nobody mocked Helen or even remotely criticised her. This is merely an attempt to stop her from self distructing again.

For the love of God people, won't somebody please think of the children?!?

Gary A
17-08-16, 22:07
I don't care about her other threads, what has been agreed upon by anyone else is of no consequence to me opening/reading and replying to this thread.

It's not difficult, if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing. If you are trying to help her get over her fears and are fed up of repeating yourself then say nothing.
Agreed with Katie, let her ask them if someone wants to take the time to leave a productive reply then so be it.

You don't care about her other threads but you're going to just appear here and lecture everyone on something you're utterly clueless about?

Outstanding. :yesyes:

KatiePink
17-08-16, 22:09
Helen I will say this, you have a right habit of starting threads then disappearing once the comments start pouring in. Maybe you have a reason for that but I think you should try sticking around a tad longer, maybe things wouldn't escalate. :)

Helenhoo where are you, we've got some work to do now :D

Darwin73
17-08-16, 22:09
Agree Gary. No one was being in any way malicious. Speaking personally, sometimes a bit of light-hearted humour can be a great distraction from focusing on oneself.

KeeKee
17-08-16, 22:10
I would hazard a guess that gatsby meant doesn't care about what was said on her other threads in regards to not responding to posts. I think you have completely misinterpreted that. Although so may I have.

Gatsby
17-08-16, 22:15
No i don't care of her other threads. I am talking solely about this thread and no other as this is the only one i have seen as of yet.So from now on am i to go through and read through every OP's previous comments before i reply!? Or should i simply think that everyone who posts unhelpful/snarky/rather douchey messages is doing so for the good of the OP!?

Gary A
17-08-16, 22:17
People were talking about what films they like and the odd celebrity they've spotted. If Gatsby is taking this as people making a mockery of Helen then I don't believe they know the full story, and hence shouldn't really be telling people what to do in regards to responses.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 22:17
I think we should all put the kettle on and just take a time out :)

Primula
17-08-16, 22:18
Have deleted all my replies on this thread. Apologies for any offence caused, will keep out of this one from now on.

Gary A
17-08-16, 22:19
No i don't care of her other threads. I am talking solely about this thread and no other as this is the only one i have seen as of yet.So from now on am i to go through and read through every OP's previous comments before i reply!? Or should i simply think that everyone who posts unhelpful/snarky/rather douchey messages is doing so for the good of the OP!?

No, but when someone who has been in the other threads and does know the full story tries to explain the situation, it would be a bit less arrogant on your part to say something other than "I don't care about any of that, this is what I think".

flipp
17-08-16, 22:32
This is BullShit.The same people giving her shit on every thread,look below you know who you are.Talking about movies,you were taking the piss in some of them.
Gatsby Thank-you.:hugs:

Gatsby
17-08-16, 22:32
I don't mind a jim carey film ESotSM, classic!
I don't mind talking about the actors i've met, i once shared a few beers with a guy from Hollyoaks, yes, no Jack Nicholson, but it's something right.

What is taking a mockery are your first three comments or so. Maybe i shouldn't have been so broad with my statement of 'some people should be ashamed' and just say you GaryA should be ashamed.
You have explained no story to me, only tried to stand by your comments made in this thread. I shall get back to you on my thoughts of previous threads once i have read them if you so wish, but i'm pretty sure they shall mirror these ones.

KatiePink
17-08-16, 22:42
This is BullShit.The same people giving her shit on every thread,look below you know who you are.Talking about movies,you were taking the piss in some of them.

Flipping Eck Flipp that language is a bit strong :scared15: :noangel:

Gary A
17-08-16, 22:42
I don't mind a jim carey film ESotSM, classic!
I don't mind talking about the actors i've met, i once shared a few beers with a guy from Hollyoaks, yes, no Jack Nicholson, but it's something right.

What is taking a mockery are your first three comments or so. Maybe i shouldn't have been so broad with my statement of 'some people should be ashamed' and just say you GaryA should be ashamed.
You have explained no story to me, only tried to stand by your comments made in this thread. I shall get back to you on my thoughts of previous threads once i have read them if you so wish, but i'm pretty sure they shall mirror these ones.

I never said I was explaining a story, I said I was explaining the situation. Things have gotten pretty heated with helenhoo's threads over the last two weeks or so, and it has now gotten to a point that discussing her physical symptoms or percieved illnesses is actually making her worse. Admin even started locking her threads, but that didn't work either.

Just yesterday the OP went for a doctors appointment after weeks of insisting she had a brain tumour. The doctor told her this wasn't the case, and actually, it looked earlier like she might finally be accepting that her problem was anxiety. I viewed this thread with exasperation as it looks to me like her slipping back to old habits, not 24 hours after finally making some headway with her fears of a brain tumour.

I'm not ashamed of anything I've written and I refuse to be because you think I should. I have written one thing in a previous thread that I regretted and I appologised directly to her for it.

As for Flipp, you clearly don't like me and that's fine. It's like having my own personal dive bombing fly.

Gatsby
17-08-16, 23:10
Well wouldn't it be easier to simply ignore her then. Then things like this conversation would not need to happen.
I don't visit the forum much, i'm a Chatter, i understand the exasperation of talking to a brick wall, you know what i do!? ignore it/them. If a new member comes in and decides to feed a certain persons anxieties/fears (unknowingly) then so be it, they will soon learn, as i am sure i would have if your replies had not wound me up.

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 23:15

anyway.

Fear of schizophrenia is a common theme in OCD. We talk about it quite a lot on NMP and why people don't have it.

So, I fail to see your point. :shrug:

Gary A
17-08-16, 23:20
Well wouldn't it be easier to simply ignore her then. Then things like this conversation would not need to happen.
I don't visit the forum much, i'm a Chatter, i understand the exasperation of talking to a brick wall, you know what i do!? ignore it/them. If a new member comes in and decides to feed a certain persons anxieties/fears (unknowingly) then so be it, they will soon learn, as i am sure i would have if your replies had not wound me up.

It comes down to personal opinion. I personally feel that ignoring the OP is about the worst thing anyone can do. I'll also be the first to admit that once I'm invested in something, I find it hard to simply walk away. I'm sure that's come as a shock to you. :noangel:

I don't know why my replies wound you up so much. Maybe the first few looked a bit snarky, but I can promise you that was down to disappointment more than anything, as I had felt earlier that the OP was making some headway.

The rest was genuinely an attempt to divert the OP, and everyone else, away from yet another massive thread that consisted of arguments and accusations. Every tactic has been tried previously, a bit of humour and lightheartedness was nothing more than another tactic.

venusbluejeans
17-08-16, 23:24
Right so we now have people being put off posting on the forum because of the way some of you are being towards Helen/reb and they fear it will happen to them!!... so please if you are annoyed by her posting or not acknowledging you then PLEASE stay away from and do not post on her threads, leave it to other people

NMP is for everyone and some of you are literally scaring people off using the forum and seeking help and no that isn't being dramatic it is true and i think you will agree it needs to stop now.

Please return NMP to how it should be :)

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 23:26

Yes, Karina. This one stood out a mile.

love jim carrey, the outtakes shown at the end of liar liar are fantastic. if you haven`t seen it its all about a character who is trapped in an endless vortex of lies and wild stories that drive people mad who are trying to help him, eventually it all gets out of hand and brings him crashing down, far from ruining his life it actually makes him realise what life is all about.

flipp
17-08-16, 23:54
Gee Katie,that is tame compared too what I say at home.:D.

Thank-you Terry.:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-16, 23:57
Gee Katie,that is tame compared too what I say at home.:D.

Thank-you Terry.:hugs:

It's tame for what you say on some of the other threads in Misc and Games! :roflmao:

flipp
18-08-16, 00:03
:roflmao:

Yep,my way too let it all out..:weep:.

venusbluejeans
18-08-16, 00:07
please can we put the thread back on topic now :)