PDA

View Full Version : Why Hello There!

Zanxiety
23-03-07, 02:36
First of all, I would like to say a big hello to all of you. I came on here and joined this site yesterday because just like all of you I suffer from immense anxiety/fear too.

After an hour looking at websites about anxiety during my luch break at College a few days ago suffering from anxiety for a few years. I thought it was a great idea to finally know more about the problems I've been and am having in greater detail, and after reading a number of sites, I came across this site with a forum where I could comfortably talk about my problems I have. I wanted to know aswell exactly what other people are going through and wether anybody else suffers the same symtoms as me. Here, I think I've made a good move, as when I get used to the No More Panic forum and discussing things with all of you lovely bunch I'll understand by reading useful information, strageties, and joining in with the fun and games I should hopefully become my normal self again and to not let anxiety invade my life.

I've had torrential anxiety since I was at secondary school. I was bullied for a few years, not terriblt though, but enough to make me suddenly become more quiet and very shy of talking to anyone. When ever someone comes up to me or asks me a question I go really read in the face and anwser questions quietly. I always feel I was different from everyone at my old school and at College. I felt I seemed to be the only one not mixing or making conversations with anyone becauseI am always affraid people won't like me or make judgements. Even now I'm still unconfident.

However, this isn't the only thing I suffer from as after one year of experiencing shyness this then caused me to start having this sudden fear and strange feeling that lasts for 20 minutes then gets better for a few hours until it comes back again. I thought that my mind was "faulty" and that I kept thinking every time I have this feeling Im was going to pass out and even expire. I did somehow knew it was connected to some sought of worry. Since I was 13 I've been suffering from this (which I found out were Anxiety Attacks) and they sure are uncomfortable; I never ever look forward to having them suffering from a number of unwanted thoughts that keeps my anxiety going around in a vicious circle. These numerous unwanted thoughts I have seem to stick to me like super glue, which brings on my high levels of anxiety mainly causing my Anxiety Attacks.

For any support I have had so far, my mum had been concerned and supportive of me as we've been seeing a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and a NHS Physcologist. It has been helping, but when the NHS Physcologist stopped seeing me and that I had been removed from the special sevices because they couldn't help me anymore with my anxiety , my mum was really angry with them and said that my treatment had (not medical treatment though) was appaling since they didn't bother to help me enough. It's a shame as I was starting to make progress too getting less Panic Attacks until this happened last year. We nonetheless, now see a much more helpful Pyscologist along with the on going Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, but after the incident last year I haven't picked up and in fact, my Anxiety Attacks has been getting worse again suffering from 1 to 4 Panic Attacks a day with long spells of high anxiety in between. It's even become so bad now that I've started thinking there's something wrong with me again with many more scary thoughts in my head, which I just want to get rid of and is disrupting my life. It has made miss days off College this year, which never happened last year, and I go out less and do fewer activities as I'm affraid the places I have been having Anxiety Attacks I worry I will have another one in the same place again.

I think another thing that has lead me to being fearful and axious like this was when I had my MMR at the age of one. After having it, I became ill for a few days and I suddenly couldn't talk or even bath myself as I could do all of that before I had it (although I did gradually start speaking again and become confident at infance and primary school). My mum thinks this was because I was likely to have had the withdrawn MMR jab sample and she'll never forgive the Labour Goverment who convinced everyone that it is completely safe. Forunately, as I had this ages ago it's doubtful it made me become anxious like this, but it did on the otherhand give me some minor learning difficulties when I was younger.

To introduce myself a bit more though, I am an 18 year old student who's been stddying Horticulture at Warwickshire College for two years now. My interests include...

Reading Comic books/story books
Playing computer games
Gardening
Playing Badmington
Making my own magazine on a computer
Watching T.V with my favourite program being the Rugrats
...and occasionly going for walks in the woods.So anyway, I am very proud to be part of the forum squad, and hope you will welcome me and to talk to many people who understand and experience the same thing as me. I'll get to know that I'm not the only one and that there are other people like me. My promise is to post well, and comfort others just like users would comfort me.

I'm terribly sorry if I've written too much or got a bit too carried away with this, as I've always had a habit of writing huge paragraphs and things. Thank you ever so much for your time.

Written by Alex (Zanxiety).

manmoor
23-03-07, 09:30
Hi Alex,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
23-03-07, 10:12
Hi Alex! :welcome:

You're right, you'll get plenty of support here - and give it at times no doubt!

Don't worry about the length of your post, it was so well set out I didn't notice!! Anyway, GG isn't renowned for the briefness of hers !!! ...........Except 'welcome' ones of course :D!!

lotsa luv

GG :emot-dance:

xx

eastender
23-03-07, 12:25
Welcome to you, very intersting post, I like a good read :D

Piglet
23-03-07, 13:03
A massive welcome to you :D

Piglet :flowers:

Zanxiety
23-03-07, 17:23
Thank you very much for all of your wonderful replies. It's really appreciated, and you have really made me feel welcome. :emot-blink:

P.S. I did make one little mistake in the top paragraph saying that I joined yesterday,I actually joined a week ago.

groovygranny
23-03-07, 20:29
No worries Zanxiety!

We'll let you off this time!! :shades::D lol !!

lotsa luv

GG :emot-dance:

xx

den42
23-03-07, 21:00
hi zanxiety
a warm :welcome: to you, if you want to write paragraphs you write them, if you just want to say hello then thats fine, were all here to help each other :yesyes:

take care and best wishes

denise :hugs:

nomorepanic
25-03-07, 14:25
Hi Alex

Welcome aboard and thanks for the comprehensive intro - lovely to know things about people.

Hope you get some great support on here and meet some lovely people along the way.

jo61
25-03-07, 14:44
Welcome Alex. You seem to have great insight into your problems. This will stand to you in the future.

Pink Princess
25-03-07, 18:42
hey welcome to the site, hope to speak soon xxxxxxx

trac67
25-03-07, 21:28
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

wobily_lin
29-03-07, 16:16
Welcome Alex,
Great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board x

Rach**81
31-03-07, 17:38
:flowers: Hi there Alex

I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome

I am Rachel from suffolk, am also a new person to this site... i have found the people here to be very welcoming and supportive

Glad you are here