PDA

View Full Version : Another random question, need answers!

Shyplane
18-08-16, 22:44
Really hard to describe, but sometimes when there are faint [consistent] noises, I mildly perceive voice from them. I'm aware that they aren't real, but it still kinda bugs my anxiety. Also sometimes if I'm listening to a song, or watching a band live, I can perceive singing or frequencies that aren't actually there.

Is this anything to worry about?

Colicab85
18-08-16, 23:04
I would love to be able to comment on this specific thing for you.

What I will say is at my height of anxiety I was very sensitive to noise. Like traffic and anything that startled me was incredibly irritating and I noticed it a lot more.

Shyplane
18-08-16, 23:17
Yeah, I really want to believe its a byproduct of my anxiety. Trying to keep my health anxiety from going from thinking I'm normal to "I have schizophrenia"

smiles
19-08-16, 00:15
You are normal, try not to worry to much, when my HA was at its worse, I cried every time I put my car indicators on, I really couldn't cope with the sound! I ended up not indicating and annoying other drivers!! You hearing has become over sensitive and you are looking for symptoms ( subconsciously). Try to relax and not overthink to much x x x

NancyW
19-08-16, 03:15
Yeah, I really want to believe its a byproduct of my anxiety. Trying to keep my health anxiety from going from thinking I'm normal to "I have schizophrenia"

I mentioned in another thread I had a brother in law that was diagnosed schizophrenic, he had no clue that he was, he thought he was perfectly fine and everyone else had issues.

Shyplane
20-08-16, 02:59
I mentioned in another thread I had a brother in law that was diagnosed schizophrenic, he had no clue that he was, he thought he was perfectly fine and everyone else had issues.

Well, I usually come here in hopes that people will ease my mind, not send me into a huge panic. Thanks though.

Though, I don't think anyone else is crazy or abnormal for not suffering the same occurrences I have.

obviously, in coming here, I think I'm the abnormal one searching for someone to tell me I'm normal.

NancyW
20-08-16, 03:22
Well, I usually come here in hopes that people will ease my mind, not send me into a huge panic. Thanks though.

WHAT? Did you not understand me?

He was diagnosed schizophrenic.
He was not asking anyone or thinking he 'may' be schizophrenic.

Point being... schizophrenics don't realise there's anything wrong with them.

Shyplane
20-08-16, 03:45
WHAT? Did you not understand me?

He was diagnosed schizophrenic.
He was not asking anyone or thinking he 'may' be schizophrenic.

Point being... schizophrenics don't realise there's anything wrong with them.

my god im sorry, I thought you were saying that if I may be schizophrenic, I'm so sorry. Panic brain got to me :weep::weep:

Thank you so much for your help, and again i apologize for my misunderstanding

NancyW
20-08-16, 04:00
I am sorry too, I didn't mean to cause you upset.

This anxiety is a beast, isn't it?

GadGirl
20-08-16, 11:14
I can be the same i think its just cause we are so hypersensitive sometimes that things we hear our anxious brain changes it in to something else, which of course makes us freak the heck out