PDA

View Full Version : Popped a spot in the danger triangle scared :(

Lockey1995
19-08-16, 01:38
Hey,

A while back I heard that if you pop a spot or pimple in the danger triangle you can die from a brain infection :( it was just under my nose it's been there for a while and scanned over after popping it before I didn't mean to Pop it I just scrunched my lips near my nose and it popped hardly any stuff came out then I squeezed it to see if anything else was left and there wasn't im
Scared that the bacteria may have gone inside.

I washed my face with soap and water after then put find sudocrem on it but I'm still worried. :(

Fishmanpa
19-08-16, 01:43
Kudos Lockey! At least it's not a poo thread :)

Positive thoughts

NancyW
19-08-16, 02:24
I have never heard of the danger triangle, do I want to know what it is?

Fishmanpa
19-08-16, 02:32
It's some silly thing that says if you pop a pimple between your upper lip/corners of your mouth and bridge of the nose, it could become infected and spread to your brain ;)

In other words, no way.

Positive thoughts

Drisque
19-08-16, 02:43
I have willingly popped many pimples in the "danger triangle", needles to say I'm still here.

swgrl09
19-08-16, 03:02
Me too!

NancyW
19-08-16, 03:02
Wow, good thing I didn't know that while I was a teenager popping pimples, I for sure be dead. ;-)

Minivil
19-08-16, 03:09
I learn something new every day. lol I'm pretty sure I've popped everything everywhere and I'm still here.

Fishmanpa
19-08-16, 03:27
I learn something new every day. lol I'm pretty sure I've popped everything everywhere and I'm still here.

Exactly!

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
19-08-16, 04:46
Whoa, I thought the danger triangle might be something found on a married woman with a 250lb cage fighting husband. :winks:

debs71
19-08-16, 11:05
Sorry, but this is frankly ridiculous.

I have never in my life - in healthcare or out - heard of 'the danger triangle' or that popping zits causes brain infection.

LUDICROUS.

Some things sound like a wind up lately on this forum, and this is one of them. From IBS to brain infection?

OK.

I have responded many times to your IBS threads Lockey, but this is really utterly silly.

KeeKee
19-08-16, 11:12
I've actually read about this before. It has on occasion popped into my head as I have acne and am guilty of picking at times.

However it is one of those crazy rare things. It's like worrying about a papercut as no doubt on very rare occasions people have developed blood poisoning from them or something scary like that.

I've heard of people getting things such as flesh eating virus from a tiny scratch, whilst I know how hard it is when you have Health anxiety I would try to immediately disregard all these one in a million worries.

Phuzella
19-08-16, 11:28
Stuff like this just gives people who are already anxious about their health something else to panic about. Not good
And lol @ Terry

Primula
19-08-16, 11:32
Yes I think this one is an internet myth. Can't find any mention of it on NHS or Patient.co.uk, the only sites my doc says I can visit, and even then with care. The worst that could happen is you could have a little scar from squeezing.

Fishmanpa
19-08-16, 13:00
Yes I think this one is an internet myth.

It does sound like something your Mom would say to keep you from picking at your face or stop you from picking your nose... "Get your finger out of there! You'll get a brain infection!" ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Elen
19-08-16, 13:16
Sorry, but this is frankly ridiculous.

I have never in my life - in healthcare or out - heard of 'the danger triangle' or that popping zits causes brain infection.

LUDICROUS.

Some things sound like a wind up lately on this forum, and this is one of them. From IBS to brain infection?

OK.

I have responded many times to your IBS threads Lockey, but this is really utterly silly.

Sadly not a wind up, there is lots out there on the internet about it but it is the usual story of people taking a tiny bit of information, exaggerating it enormously then posting it on the internet as fact to scare people.

MyNameIsTerry
19-08-16, 13:20
Sadly not a wind up, there is lots out there on the internet about it but it is the usual story of people taking a tiny bit of information and turning it into something much worse.

I've had a ton of Magical Thinking in my OCD. Try thinking not wearing the same t-shirt will mean your parents will die. Or not walking on every other X number of flagstone or touching & reading every lamp post on your walks. Ludicrous? Yes, but just a known element of OCD.

So, much in anxiety is ludicrous but sadly I think people forget that it's only a matter of fear, and whether your fear is over cancer or something perceived to be far less (like many of mine have been), the level of fear can be the same. After all, it's not really cancer anyway, it's only a fear of cancer based on irrational thinking.

skymaid
19-08-16, 13:43
some of the things in the ocd book ive been told to read really do seem ridiculous to me (worrying about sending radiation down the phoneline to people or cutting people with razorblade fingernails) but they're no different to my endless obsessive thoughts about my phobia really.

Primula
19-08-16, 14:00
I had a fear a few years ago that completely took over my life for a few months. I knew it was irrational and fortunately I was self aware enough to keep it to myself. If I told you all you would guffaw, and think she can't be serious, what a ridiculous thing to worry about, but at the time I was in a right state and didn't realise it was my anxiety latching on to something I could not control.
I've learned a lot more about anxiety since and as Elen says, with anxiety it doesn't matter whether it's fear of cancer or fear of the danger triangle which may sound ridiculous, the intensity of the fear can be just as intense. It's a hard one to get your head around.

Elen
19-08-16, 14:13
I've had a ton of Magical Thinking in my OCD. Try thinking not wearing the same t-shirt will mean your parents will die. Or not walking on every other X number of flagstone or touching & reading every lamp post on your walks. Ludicrous? Yes, but just a known element of OCD.

So, much in anxiety is ludicrous but sadly I think people forget that it's only a matter of fear, and whether your fear is over cancer or something perceived to be far less (like many of mine have been), the level of fear can be the same. After all, it's not really cancer anyway, it's only a fear of cancer based on irrational thinking.

My apologies I have edited my comment as it was not meant to read as though as I was blaming the OP. I hope that it is a bit clearer now.

ShaunRyder
19-08-16, 14:31
Never heard of the danger triangle, but I have popped many spots in that area and I'm still here

MyNameIsTerry
19-08-16, 14:36
My apologies I have edited my comment as it was not meant to read as though as I was blaming the OP. I hope that it is a bit clearer now.

Sorry Elen, it wasn't clear but I was adding to your point. Your original point was fine to me.

Lockey1995
20-08-16, 00:11
No this was a serious post I've read about it several times

dale12345
20-08-16, 01:14
Completely untrue , try not to worry.

Fishmanpa
20-08-16, 01:32

There were plenty of serious replies ;) Up to you...

Positive thoughts

pulisa
20-08-16, 08:33

How did you first hear about this "danger triangle", Lockey? Were you actively looking for something scary to worry you, health-wise? I don't think it's something you would come across routinely?