PDA

View Full Version : New Person

Bungalow_Bill
19-08-16, 09:21
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to No More Panic, but I have suffered from anxiety for the last 10 years.

In my case it can take many forms and also encompasses OCD to a certain extent too.

I worry about so many different things that it is hard to pin down what my actual issues are. It all started off with Health Anxiety but has progressed into many other things too including intrusive thoughts which I find very hard to deal with.

I have taken anti depressants and beta blockers but have currently been off anti depressants for six months which I'm finding hard. I've had counselling and CBT in the past with varying results and am currently on the waiting list for more CBT.

My current anxiety worry is and OCD type thing linked to email addresses and online accounts and my keep deleting and then creating new accounts all the time. Its the most bizarre thing I've ever worried about and is making my life a misery at present.

venusbluejeans
19-08-16, 09:27
Hiya Bungalow_Bill and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bungalow_Bill
19-08-16, 09:41
Thanks for the welcome :yesyes:

Mark13
19-08-16, 15:58
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

skymaid
19-08-16, 16:17
:welcome:

im in a similar position as you. just starting some cbt for my thoughts/phobias/anxiety

HalfJack
19-08-16, 19:28
Hello and welcome, hope you find some good support here :)

Bungalow_Bill
22-08-16, 16:55
Thanks for everyone who has taken the time to reply. Does anyone else have anxieties or phobias about things that in reality are very trivial but to ourselves seems world ending? Thats how I feel about mine, I almost know they are silly but still obsess about them.

Ulver
22-08-16, 17:16
I have lots of anxiety and quite a few irrational phobias as well. I would say the worst of my phobias is lightning and thunder. I literally feel mortified when it happens a thunderstorm to strike my town. Even within the safety of my house I still feel so fearful it's really pathetic of me. I cry, I get panicky and hide in some corner in a room with no windows preferable coiled and scared. And this is just one of my many phobias.

Nispire.com
27-08-16, 15:09
Welcome at nomorepanic forum , Hope you'll like it here.