PDA

View Full Version : Another 'funny turn' and heart fluttering

GirlAfraid23
19-08-16, 09:56
Yesterday I had just eaten my lunch and was outside in the heat. I felt OK and shortly after eating (was fatty and high in carbs) I went for a walk around the town. My heart was beating fast after eating as it sometimes does, that along with the heat wasn't making me feel great.
I started feeling butterflies in my stomach & started burping. As I continued to walk, I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, tingling in my head and heart racing.
I went to sit in the shade and calm down, I was also shaking again.
My heart rate went down slightly.
Later that day after eating my evening meal, I had a fluttering in my chest when I bent over.
It took me by surprise and basically took my breath away.

I barely slept last night and when I woke up in the night, I was finding it hard to breathe and had some internal trembling which I've been having a lot lately.

This morning I've been thinking about my heart constantly. Every little twinge or sensation I get is causing me to panic.
I'm terrified I've got something really wrong with my heart.
The last time I had an ECG was years ago at A&E.
I have one booked up for next weds at my GP surgery but I'm worried that'll be too late :weep:

I keep thinking of the worst case scenarios and the deadly arrhythmias...terrified I will drop down dead any minute.

KeeKee
19-08-16, 09:58
I get random flutters and pounding sensations. I did even before I had anxiety so think some people are just prone to them even when not anxious.

I also have the pounding after eating sometimes. I absolutely hate but it's just one of those annoying things. I'm sure it's worse when I've had something heavy like pasta.

GirlAfraid23
19-08-16, 10:13
I get random flutters and pounding sensations. I did even before I had anxiety so think some people are just prone to them even when not anxious.

I also have the pounding after eating sometimes. I absolutely hate but it's just one of those annoying things. I'm sure it's worse when I've had something heavy like pasta.

Thanks KeeKee.
The thing is, heart flutters and palps are fairly new to me.
Even though I've lived with anxiety a long time, I have only ever suffered with a racing heart now and again.
I am also due on my period this weekend, could that be affecting some symptoms?

Carrie8484
19-08-16, 10:59
will msg you on FB xx

KeeKee
19-08-16, 11:07
Definitely in regards to your period. I've noticed when due I get all sorts of symptoms I never used to get.

Primula
19-08-16, 11:24
OOOh GirlAfraid, I had that yesterday. I was hot, hadn't had enough to eat, and my anxiety was going off on one. Felt very shaky going shopping, but once I had something to eat and drink, and did a bit of calm breathing, I felt a lot better.
Anxiety does tend to throw all sorts of strange things at us. I've never had problems with a tight throat before, it's a new one for me, and as you can imagine anxiety is telling me all sorts of stories.