PDA

View Full Version : Symptom Check

ItShouldGetBetter
19-08-16, 16:31
Hi all.

My doctor unofficially diagnosed me with IBS years ago, and I've suffered with daily stomach pain since which I've largely ignored.

However last night, after a bout of anxiety, I started to experience severe stomach pain - like my stomach had been hollowed out and was being gnawed at from the inside. Combined with serious bloating, trapped gas (I do not have the ability to burp) and severe anxiety attacks.

Since, I've had the constant gnawing stomach pain, nausea and general feeling of malaise. The nausea is incredibly unwelcome as I have a particularly nasty case of Emetphobia.

To anyone with experience of these symptoms - does this sound like a typical flare up of IBS to you?
If so, how long should I expect it to last and, more importantly, what do you do to combat the symptoms?

Thanks in advance guys!
Joe

skymaid
20-08-16, 16:45
wow you sound exactly like me.

i'm emetophobia too with ibs. i have symptoms like that now sometimes. keeps me up for hours sometimes.

i'd never done anything but it's uncomfortable and can last for hours in my experience.

sometimes if i'm feeling fragile i end up getting a bit panicky about it and think it might be the time it makes me sick, never does though. Not sure it's even really nausea.

Phuzella
20-08-16, 18:05
Wow someone else who can't burp. I can't either and get very excited if a small one escapes lol.
Sounds to me like you've got an acid stomach type of thing. Anxiety can aggravate stomach acid, try to relax a bit.

KatiePink
20-08-16, 18:11
Wow someone else who can't burp. I can't either and get very excited if a small one escapes lol.
Sounds to me like you've got an acid stomach type of thing. Anxiety can aggravate stomach acid, try to relax a bit.

And another I can't! Nobody believes me like how can you not? I just can't and it never happens naturally lol

Phuzella
20-08-16, 19:38
I envy people that do really big burps effortlessly lol