PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram success for many years

Debs21uk
19-08-16, 17:14
Hi guys,

I would like to put a positive story here about citalopram. Incase you don't know my story 12 years ago I had an illness which triggered anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia and depression. I was very disorientated at the time so can't comment on the start up effects but I can say citalopram for me was a life saver. I just remember starting to move about, wanting to do more, slowly getting myself back out in the world and living a relatively "normal" life.

I have travelled the world, as far away as Austraila with not one thought about anxiety or depression. I have had a couple of blips where I increased my dosage after a few stressful events and I've always bounced back.

This time I had a deeper depression which has meant the cit hasn't really cut the mustard but after 12 years more on it than off it it really has served me well. It isn't a cure but personally I have had to admit to myself I may always need to be on a form of medication as my depression/anxiety is recurrent. I have had therapy also so it's not that I've solely relied on meds.

I wish you the best on your journey and hope you find something to ease your suffering :hugs: