PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out anxiety making me think I had a mini stroke :(

GadGirl
20-08-16, 11:06
Hi guys,

I awoke at 3am this morning with major pins and needles in my left leg, I just thought i had slept on it weird or maybe had a trapped muscle or something as my left shoulder had been given me hassle yesterday. Moving on from that i turned around in bed and felt the worst spinning sensation ever the whole room was spinning and i felt like I was on a round about.

This automatically kicked in racing thoughts, I started getting hot and sweaty, Needing to pee and my heart was pounding. I calmed my panic attack down very quickly with some deep breathing, But the spinning sensation has stayed, I manged to get back to sleep and slept on and off until I finally decided to wake properly at 8am. But this sensation is still here, Its not as extreme but its still here Can anyone relate. Obviously my mind is thinking i have had a mini stroke and trying to keep my panic at bay.

KatiePink
20-08-16, 11:10
I can relate a bit as i have woke up lots of times before with my hand, arm, leg face feeling very strange and sometimes pins and needles all in my shoulder and my arm will be weak, one side of my face is sort of cold tingling feeling and a loss of sensation that can last a few hours after i'm up.
Also i've had the spinning feeling when waking up, i really do think it's all anxiety. With me i have lots of problems with my muscles being too tense so i think that could be contributing to why i wake up with these feelings often because my body isn't relaxed and probably not even relaxing through sleep lol

GadGirl
20-08-16, 11:11
Im the same Katie, My body is constantly tense that my body actually hurts pretty much 24/7 cause of anxiety. Like you I dont know if my body even knows how to relax

KatiePink
20-08-16, 11:13
Im the same Katie, My body is constantly tense that my body actually hurts pretty much 24/7 cause of anxiety. Like you I dont know if my body even knows how to relax

Yup even when i think i'm relaxed i must be so used to being tense that i;m never fully relaxing my body because i'm on edge a lot and as soon as i feel a symptom i will tense up x

GadGirl
20-08-16, 11:53
I'm the same the other day I got a zap in my finger and freaked out and my body hair tensed straight up.

Mercime
20-08-16, 11:54
It's the body's reaction to waking in a highly anxious state. If it's any consolation, I've lost count of the times I've got out of bed and walked straight into doors/walls! It's a nuisance, but harmless. Try and be aware of it, but ignore the fact it's there, and do your normal stuff. It will go xx

GadGirl
20-08-16, 12:00
Hi mercime, thankyou it still here feel like I'm on a boat and I'm stumbling around the house the room is spinning but I'm trying to do the housework and try and ignore it and not let it panic me, and ignore the stupid thoughts in my head.

KeeKee
20-08-16, 12:01
I hate waking up with pins and needles. I quite often wake up with a fully numb limb and when the sensation comes back it hurts a tiny bit too. I have a really crappy mattress and also sleep in some crazy positions.

I rarely get the spinning sensation but know a relative whose had it for years (they don't have anxiety and they are perfectly healthy too, so maybe just one of those things?). They always get it in bed.

GadGirl
20-08-16, 12:03
You too kee kee honestly I wake up in some of the most random positions, my OH is a large chap aswell so I have woke up some morning with him sleeping on me like I'm the mattress, I think he understatemats how small I am in his sleep lol.. Oh do they yeah it started in bed still have it now but not as extreme

MyNameIsTerry
20-08-16, 12:25
You too kee kee honestly I wake up in some of the most random positions, my OH is a large chap aswell so I have woke up some morning with him sleeping on me like I'm the mattress, I think he understatemats how small I am in his sleep lol.. Oh do they yeah it started in bed still have it now but not as extreme

Aw, and I thought that was considered romantic? :winks:

Like Mercime says, waking in an agitated state can make you do things. It's definitely worse when you have anxiety.

Certainly muscular tension can cause dizziness. I've started having problems with my neck and it can make me feel a bit dizzy at times. You might even want to adjust your pillows to see if it helps?

Oh, and waking with pins & needles is very common and one strategy might be elbowing the other half! That's what my mum has been doing in over 45 years of marriage! :biggrin:

GadGirl
20-08-16, 12:31
Haha.. It's not considered romantic when you have a 15 1/2 stone chap lying on you dead weight snoring and your under him haha... See my neck and shoulder is really bad it cracks and pains all the time so I am thinking it might be something to do with that or I might have a viral ear infection that affects balance, but of course anxiety always makes you think the worst. So brain went stroke I went £&@!?. But I'm very proud of myself for breathing myself out of a panic attack.

���� good on your mum