PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope with my partner in bed

KatiePink
20-08-16, 13:01
No not that! :D

I get a lot of night time anxiety and struggle to get to sleep on the best of nights, but my partner causes(not purposely) lots of anxiety and stress for me in bed!

This may all sound quite funny and it is I suppose but it really affects my sleep which in turn leaves me tired and grumpy.. he has no problem with sleeping as soon as his head hits the pillow he's out(must be lovely) but if he sleeps on his back he snores and lord knows I have tried to deal with it buts it's the worst sound in the world!!

He also has random jerks in his sleep and sometimes has kicked me and elbowed me, I sleep at the edge of the bed and I'm not a mover, where he will roll right over to my side til I'm basically hanging off the bed.
He talks in his sleep sometimes and makes noises and is just so bloody annoying I get so mad at him and one time he was snoring and wouldn't wake up so I hit him in the arm.. I'm really not proud of it but it was the only way to wake him up.

I have to wake him up lots to get him to get off his back to stop the snoring, so he always says he's tired the next day and I feel like strangling him like "You're tired?!?"

Anyone elses partner a nuisance like this and does anyone have any advice on snoring that works :mad: :emot-sleepyhead:

brucealmighty
20-08-16, 13:13
a carrier bag over the head tied snugly round the neck !:ohmy:

not sleeping is truly upsetting when it happens more than once or twice, it can really unsettle you. it may sound unromantic but if you`ve got another room you could use that would help, or at least try those little foam ear plugs that cut out most noises.

another way might be splitting bedtimes so you can go and get yourself settled before he comes in.

yes it all sounds funny but I`ve had the same myself and it can really send you doolally so I really hope it works out.

and as for hitting and kicking you I`d make sure he`s actually asleep - maybe he`s just pretending so he can give you a dead arm or a knee in the bum!:winks:

KatiePink
20-08-16, 13:18
a carrier bag over the head tied snugly round the neck !:ohmy:

not sleeping is truly upsetting when it happens more than once or twice, it can really unsettle you. it may sound unromantic but if you`ve got another room you could use that would help, or at least try those little foam ear plugs that cut out most noises.

another way might be splitting bedtimes so you can go and get yourself settled before he comes in.

yes it all sounds funny but I`ve had the same myself and it can really send you doolally so I really hope it works out.

and as for hitting and kicking you I`d make sure he`s actually asleep - maybe he`s just pretending so he can give you a dead arm or a knee in the bum!:winks:

:roflmao: I am tempted!

I may need to try the ear plugs and me going to bed earlier to try get to sleep first. It's every night so it really takes its toll and it's usually just as I nod off he will do something irritating lol

KeeKee
20-08-16, 13:38
Ah KatiePink I really feel for you. As you know my partner and I have had issues for many years (we have separated but things are complicated and he is acting like we're still together, but living separately so I don't know whether to say partner or ex partner ha).

A massive issue in our relationship was him snoring and me being angry all through the night. Eventually my partner started sleeping on the settee but this isn't ideal. Like your partner the minute he lies down, he's asleep. So there's no chance of me dozing first as I take around 15 minutes and need silence. He used to come to bed later than me but I'm a light sleeper so any noise and I was wide awake so it made no difference.

I can't really offer any advice as ours obviously didn't work for us (he even had an operation on his nose which didn't help the matter). But just wanted to post to say I understand completely how hard this is.

KatiePink
20-08-16, 13:44
Ah KatiePink I really feel for you. As you know my partner and I have had issues for many years (we have separated but things are complicated and he is acting like we're still together, but living separately so I don't know whether to say partner or ex partner ha).

A massive issue in our relationship was him snoring and me being angry all through the night. Eventually my partner started sleeping on the settee but this isn't ideal. Like your partner the minute he lies down, he's asleep. So there's no chance of me dozing first as I take around 15 minutes and need silence. He used to come to bed later than me but I'm a light sleeper so any noise and I was wide awake so it made no difference.

I can't really offer any advice as ours obviously didn't work for us (he even had an operation on his nose which didn't help the matter). But just wanted to post to say I understand completely how hard this is.

Thanks KeeKee i don't want it to get to sleeping separately because I hate sleeping alone. It can take me an hour some times before I'm asleep and it's always silent until I drift off and that horrendous noise starts I find myself just staring at him in disbelief as to how it doesn't wake him up! Haha

KeeKee
20-08-16, 14:21
Ah so you're stuck really aren't you? I'm not sure if you have it to but I have something called Misophonia and snoring and loud breathing are my most hated sounds.

I've no idea what you could do. As somebody else suggested ear plugs could work but I'd be reluctant to try them myself as I sleep on my side and imagine it woodland push them in. Maybe it doesn't ha, I'm not sure.

KatiePink
20-08-16, 14:27
Yeah I really hate the sound it goes right through me, I thought the same about ear plugs haha I can only sleep on my side. Maybe if I was more tired at night and didn't have anxiety it wouldn't be an issue, need to try and work on my night time routine and in the mean time keep nudging his annoying arse til he stops lol