PDA

View Full Version : AAAGHHHHHH please help!!!

mabel
09-10-04, 19:31
Having a really hard time!

I am a teacher amd have ofsted inspectors in next week. 5 days of people with clip boards watching your every move. I am exhauted. The earliest I have got home this week is 7.40. (last night it was 8.50! on a friday night!!!) really scared about next week. Have spent most of today working, was in school most of the day- being a saturday thats quite nasty! its just hell! Will need to spend all of tomorrow working. Anyone who thinks teachers have an easy life IS WRONG! cant go any where just stuck in the classroom with someone watching me waiting for me to mess up! really scared now. please help

Mabel (caroline)

nomorepanic
09-10-04, 19:42
Hi Caroline

Deep breathe. I bet this is very stressful for you at this time - nobody likes to be watched all the time.

Have you got some Rescue Remedy that you can sip in water next week when you feel particularly stressed?

I am sure that a lot of people think that teachers just have one big holiday and short hours but we know that there is a lot of prep work that has to be done in the background as well.

Sorry you have had to work such long hours and at weekends - that is no fun for anyone is it?

I am sure they are not waiting for you to mess up but they are there to make sure that things are done correctly for the students. They have a job to do and I know that it may stress you but just look upon it as they have to be there and you personally are not the only one being watched.

Try to ignore them and be yourself - don't try too hard as this will stress you out more!

When you start feeling really anxious then some slow deep breaths will help.

Thinking of you next week ok?

Nicola

carlin
09-10-04, 20:48
I understand how tired and exhausted you are feeling - you will cope perfectly - the inpectors are not there waiting for you to trip up, your children will be on their best behaviour, the whole school will be in order.Anyone would be feeling anxious in this situation. You do this job every day, just act as normal and confident as you can, they know that all teachers get nervous before and during their visits, they are only human, doing their jobs (no i am not an inspector in disguise) you are a good teacher, otherwise you would be in a different profession This time next week you will be telling us all how well the inspection went good luck and keep in touch

minny
09-10-04, 22:00
Hi Mabel!

I know exactly how youre feeling! I worked as a classroom assistant at key stage 2 for 3 years and we had an inspection during the second year. The stress in unbelievable!

Just try and remember that it is the SCHOOL that is being inspected and not you. I know your abilities as a teacher are going to be under scrutiny but try and relax. Youre obviously doing a really good job or you wouldnt still be there. :) Just have faith in yourself and your teaching abilities. A few days before hand, try and relax using whatever means suit you best. I often found nightly baths with lavender helpful and, as odd as it sounds, I brought a whole pile of my pupils work home and read through it! When I saw that the kids were all achieving good grades and the ones that were'nt were receiving the help they needed, I relaxed.

Im sure youre a wonderful teacher! Just go with the flow! :)

Let us know how the inspection goes.

Good luck... love Minny...xxx

Meg
10-10-04, 08:09
Hi Mabel,

You wil be having a very stressful time with this looming but by next saturday it will all be over . Your anxiety is absolutely normal and a very healthy reaction to a real stressor so meet each day with as much energy and vigour as you can knowing that each day it is one less day to go through and the weeknd is nearly here.

Whne you do get hoem ensure that you spend what little time you have in the evenings going for a gentle walk, doig a relaxation CD, having a quiet time with family and not rushing round doing household chores - they can just wait !!

We will be thinking of you and willing the week by too for you but do put your best foot forward for the week and give your all for this inspection.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Sue
10-10-04, 13:56
My brother is a teacher and has recently gone through an Ofsted inspection. He is the most laid back person I know but even he was stressed out, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling as a sufferer of anxiety.

Just think, this time next week it will all be over with!

I am sure you will do fine, will be thinking of you.

Sue

Merlinssister
10-10-04, 19:20
Good luck with the Ofsted. Keep reminding yourself these are ultimately political inspections and not necessarily a reflection on the real achievements of your school. I'm attached to a school that is currently under Ofsted's gaze after being assessed as having serious weaknesses. And while I admit there are areas for development, I still think it's one of the best schools I've worked in. They care so much about individual students and that just doesn't fly in the current climate where it's about grades and discipline.

mabel
10-10-04, 21:29
Thanks everyone!
Not felt this bad for a long time! Still its only 3 days (so I keep telling myself!) I think Ive done everything I need to but still have this fear that Ive forgotten something! Quite scared know!

I shall let you know how I got on tomorrow!

Thanks again.
Mabel (caroline)

mabel
17-10-04, 16:11
Well I survived!! Took lots of rescue remedy and deep breaths and seemed to cope better than anyone else!!! Quite strange. The power of positive thinking seemed to get me through it. My lessons went well, although I was only watched twice in the end, and had good feedback. So feeling pretty pleased with myself. I'm now very tired and have spent the weekend doing very little, which is a real luxary!:D

Thanks for everyones support

Caroline

jo-jo
17-10-04, 16:22
Well done hun [^][^]

Great to hear that you remained positive throughout, I'd have been bricking it. Maybe its time to plan a nice treat for yourself as a reward for all that hard work...

Best wishes, Jo x

Karen
17-10-04, 16:37
Hi Caroline

Well done. It sounds like you coped extremely well in a very stressful situation.

I'm glad to hear you got such positive feedback.

You certainly deserve a rest this weekend. I hope you can do something nice to reward yourself.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

minny
17-10-04, 17:04
Well done Mabel! :)

You now deserve some well earned time out and pampering!

Love Minny.xx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! :o)

jill
17-10-04, 19:45
[Wow!]Well done Mable,

You have worked sooo hard.
Put your feet up and relaxe you deseve it.

LOVE JILLXXXX

Do it trembling if you must, but do it.

Merlinssister
17-10-04, 19:47
Well done!

Hope you've had a relaxing weekend. :D

Meg
17-10-04, 22:12
Fantastic news Caroline .

Treats and pampering are essential now !