PDA

View Full Version : Persistant Indigestion

JimP
23-03-07, 12:27
At the moment I am really suffering with Persistnet indigestion, I've had it now almost constantly for a month!

I originally though it was a heart condition of some kind, but after looking at it a bit more rationally I have come to the conclusion that I have a Hiatus Hernia.

I am overweight which doesn't help I know, but any tips for relieving the pain?? anti-acids dont' realy help!

I get the pain on my left side just under my rib cage and it feels like I can press it in hence me thinking it's a hernia, really starting to get depressed about it now!!!

Jim

Cindy
23-03-07, 13:01
Hi Jim
That was my very first symptom I had it for months scaring myself half to death thinking it is an ulcer>I had so much tests done and even an upper endoscopy (scope) guess what all anxiety nothing helped me much either I had it like for six straight months and It just went away when i tried to ignore it.I still get it on my very bad days but only now and again so it is pure anxiety I no that.I just drank lots and lots of milk.Oh and gaviscon
I hope you feel better soon

jodie
23-03-07, 13:22
hi jim

i agree with cindy .

i get lots of indigestion most days at the min i have been having gaviscon but it dosent do much for me .
i have a frend who told me to drink lots of milk and it worked :yesyes: .
i havent been as bad as a few weeks ago and now drink milk every time i feel indigestion coming on .give it a try it might work .

jodie xx