View Full Version : so scared.. lymphoma

Stephenie.welch
20-08-16, 14:26
I just had a baby almost two months ago and I had a itchy rash starting in march it went away right before I delivered my son and* now I'm itchy again* I went to dermatologist* yesterday and she sounded so sure it wasn't lymphoma when I asked and I had made a appointment* with my gp* and she said she wouldn't entertain the thought and thinks hormones.. but I'm still so scared.i don't have weight loss or nit sweats I am fatigued though and have the itchiness and bumpy rash* mainly on my stomach? I have no swollen nodes to my knowledge* either. I've had a chest xray* blood tests abdomen mri and all were normal . Any insight?*

KeeKee
20-08-16, 14:42
If you have a rash I'd assume it's something irritating that is causing your itchiness such as dermatitis or something.

I have heard of lymphoma causing itchiness but never heard of it including an actual rash. I also have crazy itchy skin and lymphoma has crossed my mind but I doubt that would be the only symptom. I don't have a rash either just itchy everywhere. Could be many things though

KatiePink
20-08-16, 14:46
Is it an actual rash or is your skin just itchy?

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Did this start in late pregnancy?

Fishmanpa
20-08-16, 16:13
You have no symptoms of lymphoma, have been told by a medical professional it's hormonal (having a baby does that to you!) and you're fatigued (having a baby does that to you!). How is this remotely lymphoma? A rash is a rash... it happens. Try some OTC hydrocortisone cream.

Positive thoughts

Stephenie.welch
23-08-16, 16:37
I got my c reactive protein test back and it is mildy elevated my Dr said the ranges are 0.0to 3.2 and mine are 8 I'm so scared she's not worried but isn't that really high?

Johnnylivo
24-08-16, 23:38
I dont know if anyones going to bother reading this ..but im
Worried sick out of my mind over lymphoma specifically non hodgkins lymphoma ..it began 5 months ago when i discovered a small lymphnode on the right side of my groin which freaked me out but its shrunk and would often change in size then about a after that i discovered i have a lymphnode on the LEFT side..this you must know coincided with a painful skin rash on my pelvis which still hasnt gone but ...all hell broke loose ..ive freaked out majorly ...both lymphnodes have slightly grown over the past five months ..they're both movable and feel somewhat gristly..all i think about is lymphoma every ache and pain has me thinking " its spreading" ...for the record i have no symptoms other than that ..no sweats ..no fatigue ..i feel good fit as a fiddle ..but another thing has happend which has me freaking out is ..today ..ive noticed ..a strange ..rotten fruity smell ..around me ..ive smelt it twice now ..and im convinced after what ive read is that its the cancer smell (google it) ��..someone please help surely id have more than just slowllen nodes after six months???[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Fishmanpa
24-08-16, 23:42
surely id have more than just slowllen nodes after six months???

Absolutely! Has a medical professional confirmed this? And "swollen" is relative. Poking and prodding can and will irritate and cause nodes to swell too but you're not doing that are you? ;)

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

Stephenie.welch
25-08-16, 16:22
I just can't stop crying and worrying. My family thinks I'm ridiculous and the Dr messaged me and straight up said you don't have cancer. My esr was 19 and range is up to 20 so it's within normal but my ra factor was elevated too and I'm just so lost and scared