PDA

View Full Version : how do I keep getting fooled?

skymaid
20-08-16, 15:08
so I had a pretty good week. tried to challenge the thought and reduce my safety behaviours but then after my tea (I ate it slowly so I didnt get bloated) I started to get a bit anxious because I kinda felt hungry and a bit full. my stomach made some movements. nothing painful inwas just aware of it.

then my throat did a weird twitch/tightening feeling which sent off a wave of anxiety. then things spiralled from there. started to think I might be sick (didnt really feel ill just a bit hungry and bloated at once). maybe just my ibs. my now I had all my usual anxiety symptoms. sweaty. heart pounds. slight shaking. legs a bit wobbly. dizzy. I tried to wait it out for the end of the hockey but I only managed about 8 minutes till I felt I couldnt tolerate the panic any more.

took a diazepam and felt fine within 20-30mins. but annoyed that I let it beat me. how did it trick me again? so frustrating. I hate having to take medication I want to beat this with my mind.

thanks to emily in the chat room for chatting to me during this. distracted me nicely.