PDA

View Full Version : do I have anxiety and intrusive thoughts ? Or something else?

clarelaurenclare
21-08-16, 00:08
My mum has just been hospitalised as she's paraniod schizophrenic, I have previously suffered pnd and have on going aniexty, but sinc she's been il I've has panic attack, intrusive thoughts, feel like I'm talking quickly and Loud, generally feeling tearful and scared, irritable.

Could the stress I've been under trigger this? My mum is having her house done by the landlord and I've been stressed With that too.

my worst fear is ending up like my mum, as I've seen her so ill over the years.

also I currently take cipralex 20mg and qutapine 400mg have been on them since 2009, when I had my daughter.

any advice or kind words would be great thank you

OncewasSupergirl
21-08-16, 00:37
Hi,

My anxiety issues really developed after the birth of my son I also had PND such a horrible illness. I do think the stressors you're describing are responsible for your current anxiety.
Do you get any support for yourself? I'm presuming you've supported your Mother through the years with her illness and its natural to feel worried you may develop it too.
The symptoms you describe are typical anxiety most likely triggered by the stress you've been under. Try not to worry it's the emergence of your Mothers illness.
Could you book an appointment with your GP and discuss your current situation or review your meds? Do you feel your meds are helping as well as they did?

Xx

Buster70
21-08-16, 05:04
Hi , you are under a lot of stress so it's bound to make you more anxous and maybe a bit hyper , I'm sure you know about scizophrenia and you know it usually starts to show in your late teens , my best freind from school days has it and it very different to how I am but at one point I did used to think I'd got it , a tired mind will convince you of anything , my freind was the last to know he was Ill , he was convinced he was right in the crazy stuff he was doing it was terrible to see him that way , try and get a little rest and see your gp they may be able to put your mind at rest a little , take care .