PDA

View Full Version : down in the hole again... phantom smell + leaning feeling

conan
21-08-16, 08:18
hi. been doing alright for the last six weeks or so, tinkered with my meds, got a gym membership. but now i've got another new symptom i can't stop thinking about.

as of about two weeks ago, i can CONSTANTLY smell a dusty, musty smell. it doesn't come in sudden episodes, it's whenever i'm somewhere that isn't well-ventilated. if i hop up and go for a walk i can't smell it. generally i can't smell it when i'm outside. my sense of smell isn't affected, i can still smell everything normally, and any external smell will "drown out" the phantom smell.

my feeling is that it's probably sinus-related, as i've developed some moderately serious nature allergies over the last two years or so. and also the fact that it doesn't come in bursts, isn't a "burning" smell etc. should be things that help me convince myself it isn't a brain tumour. but of course it isn't really helping and i've fallen back down the google hole quite badly today.

to make things worse i've got a feeling like i'm leaning to the left while i walk, which i had a few months ago and went away after a week or so. but of course i'm thinking... vertigo, phantom smell, hands are feeling tired again... gotta be a brain tumour or parkinson's.

i don't really know why i'm posting here, i just find it helps to vent to people who understand. if anyone has any experience with phantom smells, sinus problems etc. that would be great to hear.

swgrl09
21-08-16, 13:09
I have had sinus issues for a long time made worse by allergies. It caused TONS of anxiety for me a few years ago before I went on allergy injections. I was afraid of a tumor, etc. Google did not help at all. When my sinuses were bad, I'd feel dizzy, off balance, get a fever sometimes, it was a mess. I had so many symptoms I never would have thought were sinus related.

But honestly, 2 years later I have been consistently on allergy shots and I feel a lot better. I still get some congestion when it's really bad, but NOTHING like before. And I definitely don't have the dizziness/off balance feelings I used to have.

Sinus problems can really cause a lot of odd symptoms.

nomorepanic
21-08-16, 15:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.