PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm in a dream...scared

GirlAfraid23
21-08-16, 13:27
I feel so odd today. Like I'm in a dream. Nothing feels real. My heart is still playing up and scaring me. My period is two days late so I don't know if it's hormonal (the dream like state).
I'm very aware of my heartbeat and it's exhausting.
I woke up this morning and immediately I had a feeling of panic, my heart started beating fast and I had a horrid butterflies in my stomach feeling :weep: this has carried on all day. I also felt and feel nauseous.
I've been for a long walk with family and since coming back I don't feel like anything is real.
I feel like I'm walking in a dream. Things seem as though they're far away from me and when people talk it seems as though it's coming from far away.
Colours also send muted.

I'm really frightened. I don't like feeling this way.

smiles
21-08-16, 13:55
Hello lovely, what a horrid day you are having, I really feel for you��
Please please accept that it is your anxiety making you feel this way, ( with a good old dose of pmt) you are normal, and you will feel normal again soon, I promise, I have been reading a kindle book from Amazon called "dare" it has really helped loads so far, it's not easy to go with the ideas in the book, it challenges what you think quite a lot, but it seems to be helping me, I think you can read some of it before you buy it, have a look and see if it may be something that can help you.
Try to remember you are safe and secure nothing is bad is going to happen to you, try to relax and do something nice to take your mind off things, watch a film, bake a cake, have a bath, whatever makes you happy x

skymaid
21-08-16, 14:32
having a similar day to you with those anxiety symptoms. (although not the colours thing).

hopefully it'll fade soon and you'll have a good evening

Mojo61
21-08-16, 14:46
I get this quite often, it is horrible but it is just high anxiety and part of the whole thing I'm afraid. Apparently it is your brain shutting down (not literally of course lol) to protect you because it is being bombarded with too much information. It is perfectly normal and it can't harm you or make you go mad or anything like that so please don't worry. I know it's easy to say that but if you can just tell yourself over and over again "this is normal, I am safe and nothing is going to happen to me" then eventually your poor frazzled brain will start to calm down and things will improve. x

ServerError
21-08-16, 14:51
Derealisation. It's horrible, but it won't do it any harm. It will lift eventually. The best thing you can do is worry less. Your mind is telling you it needs a break.

Fishmanpa
21-08-16, 15:01
Very common anxiety symptom. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Depersonalization_Derealization_Feeling_o f_unreality) There's even a sub-forum about this in the symptoms section (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=106) where this post should actually be. Quelling the symptom is no different than quelling all the other symptoms your anxiety causes you. What are some of those things you've done to help yourself before that you can do now?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
21-08-16, 15:43
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.